Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HUGE VICTORY BUG IN MC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> HUGE VICTORY BUG IN MC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HUGE VICTORY BUG IN MC - 8/11/2001 1:50:00 AM   
gdpsnake

I've discovered a bug/gameplay issue that needs fixing in the mega campaign. If you take all the victory point hexes in scenarios that are points per turn hexes AND you inflict enough casualties to force a morale break, then the game ends before the full turns are played. YOU can't get the full amount of VP's from the hexes because of the early end AND YOU DON'T get the full amount of turns to move your units to an exit hex. So you pull off a spectacular victory and get a draw because you weren't given all the alloted time to get the points and exit units. That stinks!!!! This has happened three times so far in three different scenarios.

Post #: 1
- 8/11/2001 2:01:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Hmmm this was working properly at one time...which version are you using?

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 2
- 8/11/2001 6:41:00 AM   
gdpsnake

I'm using version 6.1. I was supposed to get 12 turns but only got seven when it declared me the victor and gave me a draw.

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 3
- 8/11/2001 10:48:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Hmmm this was working properly at one time...which version are you using?
I have 6.1 and it seems to still be working with that version. I just ran a battle that ended early with the breaking of the other side and indeed I did get the full points for the full length of the game for the by/turn victory hexes. thanks, John.

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 4
- 8/11/2001 11:01:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by gdpsnake: I've discovered a bug/gameplay issue that needs fixing in the mega campaign. If you take all the victory point hexes in scenarios that are points per turn hexes AND you inflict enough casualties to force a morale break, then the game ends before the full turns are played. YOU can't get the full amount of VP's from the hexes because of the early end AND YOU DON'T get the full amount of turns to move your units to an exit hex. So you pull off a spectacular victory and get a draw because you weren't given all the alloted time to get the points and exit units. That stinks!!!! This has happened three times so far in three different scenarios.
To have the game end early you need to satisfy several conditions: Ai no longer controls any victory hexes Ai has broken morale Ai can't have a morale 120 hq left in command If you have exit hexes, they are a priority, even more so than per/turn victory hexes. You give points both ways, exit hexes affect the top end, per/turn hexes affect the bottom end. Do you have any idea what the point breakdown is on your score. How many points did you get for kills, how many for exits, how many for per/turn hexes? How did the ai score, how many for kills, how many for per/turn, and you know they get .25x(your starting force) for the exit hexes being there. thanks, John.

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 5
- 8/11/2001 11:48:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Do you remember which battles that happened, Snake? I'd like a closer look at them. Anything on which battles they were would help me. The setting is supposed to be or so I understood that if you come to a sudden end, you got all the points you would have gotten had it gone the full length. It did play that way in testing and I honestly have no idea why it should be doing this now. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 6
- 8/11/2001 5:10:00 PM   
skukko

Why not simply leave one or two hexes for AI, even if it has no chance to keep them.. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 7
- 8/14/2001 12:57:00 AM   
gdpsnake

Bill,
I can't be sure that I didn't get VP points from the hexes added to the score when the game quit because they were small but I do know I never got the opportunity to exit units since the game ended before the turn limit.
One scenario that comes to mind was one where you send in a small force to destroy the British basecamp. The game should last 12 turns.
Two tank forces meet at the bottom of the map while a 'car' force tries to push down a road from the left side. THe VP hexes appear around several 'command posts' as you enter them.
I was very fortunate to catch the british armor in the flank and wipe them out in two turns. Then in the next 3-4 turns, my armor flew into the camp area and destroyed the AT guns and most of the infantry. I was also able to wipe out the reinforcing infantry. So after 7 turns the Brit morale broke, I had all the VP hexes (I think) and the 'posts' were all destroyed.
Then I should have been able to exit my forces out the exit hexes but the game ended and I didn't get to.
I don't mind the early end but in such a case the remaining units should be totaled for VP calculations.
An earlier scenario, similar to this one in that it was a behind the lines attack then run away, did the same thing.
It was great fun despite the dissapointing draws. This game is a real sleep killer!
Thanks Bill!

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 8
- 8/14/2001 7:24:00 PM   
TheZel66

I had a similar thing happen. But I thought this was my fault for not exiting enough of my troops before the game prematurely ended. WB, sorry, dont know the scenario. There are so many, and I'm one scenario from Tobruk. I follow the scenario tree to the letter, not choosing any options. I think it was about 7 scenarios in, right after Rommel gives you the go ahead to make a straight shot through Libya, instead of following the coast.

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 9
- 8/14/2001 11:01:00 PM   
A.H

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I once played a battle. I won the battle and got about 40 000 points (It was a large battle) The enemy got something like 8-10 000 points and this was a draw? Whatta hell does this mean? A bad joke or something?

A.H

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 10
- 8/14/2001 11:26:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by A.H:
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I once played a battle. I won the battle and got about 40 000 points (It was a large battle) The enemy got something like 8-10 000 points and this was a draw? Whatta hell does this mean? A bad joke or something?
If you got less than 40000 and the ai got over 10000 then you are indeed less than 4-1. That is one of the point levels for marginal victory. (The ratio is differant for games vs ai and games vs a human opponent.) It is not the differance in points between the two sides, but the ratio between them. If I score 8 points and my opponent scores 1, it is still a decisive victory for me. The best thing you can do for improving your victory level is keep your losses low.
thanks, John.

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> HUGE VICTORY BUG IN MC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI