Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few questions please ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> A few questions please ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few questions please ??? - 2/12/2004 10:10:00 PM   
UdiHrant

hey - I've been a hex gamer since Avalon Hill/Stalingrad board game days and just picked up Korsun Pocket.

I have a few questions for anyone who has gotten into this game already -

1 - to help me picture what the markers represent - is there any way to estimate how many men I'm moving based on the markings? In other words if the piece has one, two, or three bars (III), how many actual men is that? Also once they engage, how many men become casualties? How many men are left standing? (sorry if i missed this in the manual)

2 - Is there any way to edit a game in progress? I would love to play the game parallel to an IL2 Stormivick camaign or set of missions and 'edit in'
the results as I go - allowing the sim to effect the strategy game.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: A few questions please ??? - 2/12/2004 10:30:14 PM   
Pawlock

Normally,

Three bars Regiment, 2 are battallions and 1 is company.

This is true in most scenarios, where it is mainly Regiments, but a few scenarios are done in Battalions.

How many men, well I dont know, I just look at in steps and use it as a percentage ie 1 step loss from a 4 step regiment equates to 25 %.

Your second question , I dont know.

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 2
RE: A few questions please ??? - 2/13/2004 12:10:58 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: UdiHrant

hey - I've been a hex gamer since Avalon Hill/Stalingrad board game days and just picked up Korsun Pocket.

I have a few questions for anyone who has gotten into this game already -

2 - Is there any way to edit a game in progress? I would love to play the game parallel to an IL2 Stormivick camaign or set of missions and 'edit in'

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Sorry, but you can't edit a save game in the way you describe. The save game contains the minimum info necessary, and doesn't itself contain all the information that's part of a scenario.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 3
RE: A few questions please ??? - 2/13/2004 12:53:50 PM   
Tomus

LOL I do that with Across the Dnepr. After a good session of KP I boot up Il2 and check out how well my advance is going. Nerdy I know but fun.

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 4
RE: A few questions please ??? - 2/13/2004 6:12:44 PM   
UdiHrant

Tomas - what do you mean check on your progress - I was talking about actually 'changing' what happens in Korsun based on the last IL2 mission flown but I see in another reply that saved games cannot be edited. I guess I could go back to AH/Stalingrad and just take a cardboard piece off the board if I have a good success in IL2. I was hoping that for instance I could 'blow a bridge' in Korsun IF I managed a succesful bridge strike in IL2. Something like that.

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 5
RE: A few questions please ??? - 2/13/2004 6:45:24 PM   
Tomus

quote:

ORIGINAL: UdiHrant

Tomas - what do you mean check on your progress - I was talking about actually 'changing' what happens in Korsun based on the last IL2 mission flown but I see in another reply that saved games cannot be edited. I guess I could go back to AH/Stalingrad and just take a cardboard piece off the board if I have a good success in IL2. I was hoping that for instance I could 'blow a bridge' in Korsun IF I managed a succesful bridge strike in IL2. Something like that.

That would be ultimate war game I think

Go from Korsun level, drop down to Company level like HTTR then finally a full on simulation level like Il2 superb. Plus include infantry level ala op Flashpoint and you could have the greatest game ever.

No what I normally do is boot up the Smolensk map and then take a fly over roughly where I am in the battle. I also like checking out my interdiction routes and the IL2 map is strangely enough better detailed. Obviously to recreate the numbers actually used in KP/ATD by using the quick mission creator it would be impossible...at least on my PC anyway.

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> A few questions please ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI