Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A bigger picture

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A bigger picture Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A bigger picture - 5/22/2000 12:29:00 PM   
Pack Rat

I always thought that Mr.Brors and Grigsby had it in mind to keep expanding the SP world. SP3 is certainly larger than SP1. The want for such a thing is certainly in the gaming comunity or we wouldn't be here now. I like the personalized feel of the scale we have or somewhat larger. Now my point. I think it would be great to see the battles tied into an overall pictue. With the results of our victories, stalemates, failures, haveing a consequence to a higher agenda. I would like to see a front moving as I procede to the countries capital, with the tenacity of the enemy increasing. Perhaps an active large theater map something like the screen that allows us to pick the theater now. It's an idea I've had for sometime and could be, I think, fleshed out very well. I know it isn't reasonable to have a core force the size we have now to influence a whole war, but it would be fun. Thanks for listening. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat My spelling is horrible and I misspelled Mr. Brors name, no excuse my apologies [This message has been edited by Pack Rat (edited 05-22-2000).]

PR
Post #: 1
- 5/22/2000 2:50:00 PM   
Wild Bill

That was the idea behind the Long campaign, Pack Rat. It has not worked out as well as the designers hoped, I think. The idea is a good one and designed campaigns could at least partially meet the need. Something on the order of the movie "Big Red One" or another, "The Victors" going from North Africa to Germany, or back and forth across the Pacific. The campaign I am working on now, A Rising and Setting Sun allows you to move from Wake to Singapore, then to the Philippines, next to New Guinea, followed by Guadalcanal, then Betio, and on and on finally ending with a hypothetical defense during the invasion of Japan. Admittedly, no single unit (I don't think!) participated in all those fights all over the expanse of the Pacific and the far east, but it does give a feel of the changing tide of the war for the Japanese. And I don't think a campaign has ever been done playing the Japanese. My goal is to provide an overview of the entire Japanese participation, advance and then slow demise of the empire. Hence its name. If this one is well received, someone might consider putting that much effort into another with a focus on a different nationality. Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 5/22/2000 7:22:00 PM   
Dave R

(snip) If this one is well received, someone might consider putting that much effort into another with a focus on a different nationality. Wild Bill [/B][/QUOTE] Please do Bill! It'd be refreshing to see a campaigne from other then the Brit/US/German/Russian point of view. Once while playing the North Africa campainge in SP3 I equiped the Germans with all Italian troops and equipment. OK it was hard work, and I had to use the German auxillary troops to save the day, but that was more to do with the rediculasly short battles. Actually, talking with a couple of my uncles who fough in North Africa, they seem to have a healthy respect for the Italian fighting man!

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A bigger picture Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI