Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM savegame files with different times

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> PBEM savegame files with different times Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM savegame files with different times - 9/18/2001 6:11:00 AM   
swagman

Most of us will have experienced sometime a PBEM savegame being lost because the different files have different times. I have noticed that this occurs when I have accessed SOLITAIRE mode, prior to playing a PBEM turn...that is I have played some moves in a solitaire game, exited out and selected PBEM and then loaded and played the PBEM move. As a consequence, before playing a PBEM move I have closed down SPWAW completely, then restarted whenever I have PBEM turns to play. Since adopting this practise every PBEM save has occurred with the same file times. Previously, I had up to 3 or 4 con secutive lost PBEM moves caused by different file save dates.

Post #: 1
- 9/18/2001 10:18:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Interesting - as a matter of course, when saving a pbem game I always save the game before ending the turn, then alt-tab out and move those files to a holding folder, then alt tab back and end the turn, then alt tab out and make sure they have teh same date time stamp. Then I exit. If for some reason they don't I can copy the pre-turn end files back and try it again. THis is an interesting association, but i am nearly certain I have seen the timestamp error after a clean boot, so while ti could increase the likelyhood for some reason, I don;t believe it is the cause. THe worst case in these situations should be to have teh plaer who recieves teh unloadable files to load the LAST set of files received again and replay the last turn. Then teh game can be continued on. We are working hard to make sure our new games don't suffer these sort of problems.

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> PBEM savegame files with different times Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI