Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet heavy machine guns...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet heavy machine guns... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet heavy machine guns... - 10/2/2001 3:50:00 AM   
mao

I have just played my first scenario using v6.1 that has a lot of the Russian 12.7mm MGs (The Moment of Truth) and I notice that these wonder weapons are slicing through my armored cars like a hot knife through butter... they are destroying PSWs outright, with their crews . Is this sort of penetration accurate? I never noticed this with earlier versions... [ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: mao ]

Post #: 1
- 10/2/2001 4:10:00 AM   
IKerensky

Hum as an intensive russian player I have ALWAYS noticed this kind of efficiency and rely heavily on 12.7 to kill HT, AC and even PIII from top, side and back and this since SPWAW V1.0 and even before .
A good soviet tank is a soviet tank with a Dshk.
A good soviet MG is a Dshk. In fact the 2 thing that convince me was : 1- Prokova, a single MG kill 2 attaking pz by side hitting them close range.
2- A Dshk from a russian tank kill a TIGER by bottom hull kill when it hit the crest of the hill 50yrds away [ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky ]

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 2
- 10/2/2001 4:37:00 AM   
skukko

russians have HMG, its only drawback is that its not a lady... I've played as German alot and after loosing platoons to positioned 12.7 DSHK I can rally my men to take T-34s without any yelling to them, just because they won't fight against DSHK... better yet 12.7AAMG... Yanks have bazookas, russians have this, japs have kneemortars, gerries have Tigers...what does that leave to brits? ... ? can't right now find anything... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 3
- 10/2/2001 6:00:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by skukko:
russians have HMG, its only drawback is that its not a lady... I've played as German alot and after loosing platoons to positioned 12.7 DSHK I can rally my men to take T-34s without any yelling to them, just because they won't fight against DSHK... better yet 12.7AAMG... Yanks have bazookas, russians have this, japs have kneemortars, gerries have Tigers...what does that leave to brits? ... ? can't right now find anything... mosh
17 pder AT guns!! heheh

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 4
- 10/2/2001 7:01:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

The Italians have the 13.2mm HMG eats British vehicals for lunch. The American .50 Cal HMG is 12.7mm.
The British 15mm should be about the same.

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 5
- 10/2/2001 7:22:00 PM   
IKerensky

quote:

russians have HMG, its only drawback is that its not a lady...
HMG ?? you mean H.M.C ?
or at least I hope so

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet heavy machine guns... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI