Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinforcements - 10/2/2001 9:34:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Hi guys,I need some of your technical abilities.
I'm tryin' to make a scenario.I need to make a co of Stug 42 as a reniforcement comming in at turn 5.I set it up as a Re-unit and set the turn at 5,but it asks me from wich area it as to come.There's a way to know,and so to change the area from which the re-units come in?I really cannot find it in the editor.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]
Post #: 1
- 10/2/2001 10:26:00 PM   
Warrior

For reinforcements, you need to set your reinforcement flags. There are four reinforcement flags for each side, and each is an "area," one thru four. So you can decide exactly where you want the reinforcements to enter. OK, In the editor, when you have loaded your scenario, go to the Map Edit button about 2/3 down the screen. Clicking it will bring up the Map Editor. To place Retreat or Reinforcements Flags, it goes like this: click the hex you want the reinforcements to come in, and then hit the keyboard number for the particular flag you want and it will be placed where you have your cursor. It's easiest to list them all: 0 = Player One Retreat Flag
1 = Player Two Retreat Flag
2 - 5 = Player One Reinforcement Flags
6 - 9 = Player Two Reinforcement Flags After you place the flags, exit the Map Editor, go to Deploy, and you should now have your flags on the map. Then just pick the "area" for your reinforcements. (And you don't need to have all the flags if you're not going to use four different entry points.) One tip: Do not place retreat flags on the top or bottom edge of the map. I don't know exactly why this is, but there's a good reason for not doing it. (Wild Bill told me about it.)

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 2
- 10/2/2001 10:52:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Thank you very much Warrior:your suggestions are very precious for me!!!My scen is almost finished!!!
Still thanks

Post #: 3
- 10/3/2001 10:54:00 AM   
skukko

welcome to designing and for C&C On players such as I am; set re-inforcements stance to 'Advance' and don't split their arrival all over the map for command-chain... and give'em objects... to all units 'K'... and if they don't appear in the map in turn 5 you can add 'AUX' status to them... and mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 4
- 10/3/2001 2:22:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Skukko,unfortunately this scen won't be played with C&C turned on.I'd like to but this is the first scen that comes out in a medium/good way after many attempts,so it still has a simple ......haw do u say?...mechanism(??).But now i'm starting to have fun of making it......so probably in the future....

Post #: 5
- 10/3/2001 11:25:00 PM   
skukko

If you do it without C&C in your mind I would like to play it. It would be real challenge for me But seriously, it ain't so hard to add objects. You'll do it for AI, (don't you ? )so setting them to human is not a big deal. Click your mouse on the AIs ertreat hex and hit 'K'-key (in deployment phase). Thats it in its simpliest format. ( and you are not alone in there who does it so easy ) Advance/defend is changed to formation by hitting 'M' -key or from HQ. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI