Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Long Campaign 1940

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Long Campaign 1940 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long Campaign 1940 - 3/28/2004 5:02:47 PM   
robot

Recieved a message from the Emporer today. He wanted to congratulate us on our campaign against the Nation. Our first battle against them has been a success so far. We have had a decisive victory againt the Chinese hordes. Our losses were 31 dead or missing and only had 2 tanks destroyed. There losses were stagering tho. Almost 2200 dead or missing and a loss of 9 tanks. Also we were able to capture or destroy 5 of there artty.

The victory was made possible by the wonderful leadership of our Generals. It was a slow and grinding type of battle. Sometimes hardly able to move more then 50 yds at a time. Even tho there was a mess up with no transport for our field guns and anti tank guns. We found out later that didnt cause us any problems. It took the whole time for our valient troops to hack there way thru the enemy.

Alls well that ends well. The slow progress really helped in keeping down our losses. Thanks to the skillfull bombing of our air force in the initial jump off of our troops. This managed to keep the hordes at bay till we were able to reach our first objectives.

Special thanks to the mortor teams for laying excelent barrages right on the enemy.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: Long Campaign 1940 - 3/28/2004 8:27:07 PM   
Sergio Castaldi

Where j can find these marvelous campaign ? Can you send me the address of site ?

Sergio

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: Long Campaign 1940 - 3/28/2004 8:42:56 PM   
robot

Segio this is the long campaign. Only thing is i give the AI an advantage. I dont load my core up with all the ultra equipment either. Ever since the first steel panthers came out, i have had a hard time making myself slow down. It finally has sunk in that i dont have to move every counter in the game. I dont have to make them take there full movement either. One hex at a time will accomplish what i have to do most of the time.

My Japenese only have 4 sections of tanks the rest is made up of foot sloggers. Such as 3 full companys of infantry. Backed up with 2 sections heavy MG. Also have 3 sections of anti tank rifles. Two sec. AT guns and 6 sec. infantry guns. Add to this 2 sec. 81s 90s and 150 mortors.

Makes for a long battle sometime, with very slow progress. But im retired so i heve all the time in the world. Almost forgot have 3 platoons made up of 3 squads of engineers. They are for the assaults and pillboxes only.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Sergio Castaldi)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Long Campaign 1940 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI