Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist: a new airstrike routine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wishlist: a new airstrike routine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist: a new airstrike routine - 11/19/2001 8:39:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Have been reading the recent thread on ground support planes and 'choices'. I know this might be above (probably is) the capacities of this game. But here is what I'd like the airstrike routine to be in game: You call for an airstrike (having purchased it in the purchase screen). Maybe be allowed to indicate what type of target should be dealt with (armor, entrenched infantry, guns, bunkers) and target the attack with your FO. The AI then sends *it's* choice of air support. And since I play with Reduced Ammo, what each plane carries as to armament load is somewhat different. Not always the same number of bombs. You see, it just seems so out of it that we can choose the exact type of airstrike we'll get (and the entry/exit pattern). I think those capacities are great for the designers, but as a player I'd really appreciate it if that wasn't a power I had control over. Simply for the reality factor. Big wish, but it would be cool.

Post #: 1
- 11/20/2001 10:21:00 PM   
Alexandra

For true realism, actually, there should be a FAC (Forward Air Controller) unit. They were the only people who could really call in Air Strikes. In fact, at Arnhem, the British had an American FAC team that was lost during the landing. As a result, for the entire operation, they couldn't call in any help from the USAAF because they didn't have the right call signs, radio procedures, etc. FACs would, of course, only be able to call in strikes, and FOs, by default, only arty. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to generalrichmond)
Post #: 2
- 11/21/2001 5:43:00 AM   
generalrichmond

And that, Alexandra, would be tres cool. Marry me. I love Russian women!

Post #: 3
- 11/21/2001 10:57:00 AM   
Alexandra

lol - I'm already married - and not Russian. I'm a New Yorker, origionally, and a Giants fan who is still waiting for last years Sean Payton to show up and start calling good plays again! Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 4
- 11/21/2001 12:03:00 PM   
Khan7

I'm just waiting for the game to be real time! Then so many other things would be so much easier to resolve! But I'll shut up now, and refrain from hijacking this thread! Good idea.. but I just really want real time! Not like C&C/Warcraft realtime, but like Sid Meier's Gettysburg/Antietam realtime, Fighting Steel realtime, Shogun Total War realtime! Only better! Whoops! Not hijacking the thread So yes, I think Alexandra has a good point, and I agree with you totally Gen. Rich. Matt

Khan7

Post #: 5
- 11/21/2001 12:53:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Maaaaaan, Alexandra - way to ruin the fantasy. At least you could have *faked* it...

Post #: 6
- 11/21/2001 3:37:00 PM   
ruxius

Sorry Alexandra..just curious..in a world where male rules the wargaming community I was wondering : do your husband play SPWAW ?
Please do not tell me he is unaware of any military discipline !!! Anyway good idea FAC..as well as FO they would be a very cool new oob ! [ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 7
- 11/21/2001 9:45:00 PM   
Alexandra

Yeah, he does. He's also ex-Army I'm a tad better tactically - just a tad - but he's way better when it comes to the strategic scale games Alex

Post #: 8
- 11/22/2001 5:20:00 AM   
ruxius

The PERFECT FAMILY !!!
Congratulations !
He is a vey VERY VERY lucky man , you know !
I can see the TRUE BATTLEFIELD TENSION during your SPWAW's challenges...
The one who looses then..is condamned to domestic works for a long period...ehehehehehe... Is your husband a member here ? which is his nickname ? BYE!

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 9
- 11/22/2001 5:54:00 AM   
Khan7

LOL, looks like getting the thread hijacked didn't need any help from me But that is truly bizarre, Alex. For a moment I was going to ask if you were married to a husband, but then I thought better Matt

Khan7

Post #: 10
- 11/22/2001 9:59:00 AM   
Alexandra

Lol Khan! That was funny And no, my husband's not a member here - he sometimes reads over my shoulder though. Alex

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wishlist: a new airstrike routine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI