Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinforcements clarification

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reinforcements clarification Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinforcements clarification - 11/22/2001 4:07:00 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

In a recent battle (still under way) my opponent has cunningly rolled back my defenses with what he is calling the "worm offense", the fact is I need to call in some more troops to stop this attack.... My Question: In the manual it says this:
"25% of the victory point’s award for destroying your reinforcement pool is automatically added to your opponent’s victory points." Does this mean that by calling in reinforcements my opponent gets the points right away or after he has destroyed the AUX (reinforcement) units? In my case, I had 1600 points to spend on this, will my opponent get 400 victory points? Thanks

Post #: 1
- 11/22/2001 5:47:00 AM   
asgrrr

I believe he gets 800 points, because VP for destroyed units is double the purcase price.

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

(in reply to TotenkopfZZ)
Post #: 2
- 11/22/2001 7:32:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

No, he gets 400 points as an "opportunity cost" for forcing you to divert units from other parts of the front, and to help balance situations that can skew point scores

Post #: 3
- 11/23/2001 8:59:00 AM   
swagman

The 400 points (25%) is a penalty bonus awarded to the opponent. If any of the AUX units are destroyed, then your opponent gets the value of these as well.

Post #: 4
- 11/23/2001 9:00:00 AM   
swagman

The 400 points (25%) is a penalty bonus awarded to the opponent. If any of the AUX units are destroyed, then your opponent gets the value of these as well.

Post #: 5
- 11/23/2001 5:52:00 PM   
asgrrr

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ:

"25% of the victory point’s award for destroying your reinforcement pool is automatically added to your opponent’s victory points." In my case, I had 1600 points to spend on this, will my opponent get 400 victory points?

Hmmm... me no wanna fight, but, mr. Paul, is it not true that one gets 200 VP for destroying a $100 unit? And then, the sentence above indicates that the opponent gets 25% of 1600x2 = 0.25x3200 = 800 VP?

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reinforcements clarification Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI