Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/26/2004 5:31:41 PM   
52nd Lowland

Never played PBEM before so looking for an Japanese opponent to give me a pasting as the Allies...Will give me experience for WitP PBEM in the months it takes me to get a grip of the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/27/2004 2:39:41 PM   
irishman

My first time on PBEM as well. The AI is too predictable! What scenario are you thinking of? 19 is easier for the Japs and 17 seems to be better for the allies. Might as well make it as realistic as possible (Jap sub doctrine ON, Allied damage control ON etc.).

Irishman.

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/27/2004 3:37:55 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: irishman

My first time on PBEM as well. The AI is too predictable! What scenario are you thinking of? 19 is easier for the Japs and 17 seems to be better for the allies. Might as well make it as realistic as possible (Jap sub doctrine ON, Allied damage control ON etc.).

Irishman.

Yep ive no problem leaving the settings as realistic as possible.What about scenario 19 which gives the Japanese increased air and army units (thankfully no more naval ;-) and increased pilot skills ? Whats your views on the reinforcement rates ? Ive increased them for the enemy side when playing AI as it helps balance the play but have no idea re: playing PBEM.

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/27/2004 8:24:58 PM   
irishman

19 sounds fine. I'll leave all the options on and set reinforcements to 100%. I'm not sure if this is balanced but should be close to historical levels. I guess there's only one way to find out!
It's up to me as the Japs to kick off so I'll set it up and running and e-mail you when I'm finished. (Haven't played 19 before so this may take a few hours as I review my OOB!).

TORA! TORA! TORA!

Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/27/2004 9:48:19 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: irishman

19 sounds fine. I'll leave all the options on and set reinforcements to 100%. I'm not sure if this is balanced but should be close to historical levels. I guess there's only one way to find out!
It's up to me as the Japs to kick off so I'll set it up and running and e-mail you when I'm finished. (Haven't played 19 before so this may take a few hours as I review my OOB!).

TORA! TORA! TORA!

No problem Irishman take as long as u want im nightshift tonite anyway

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/28/2004 7:50:18 PM   
irishman

I have the first turn completed. How do I e-mail the file to you? It's about 210Kb and the 'Post Reply' button attachment limit is 200Kb. The direct e-mail connection doesn't seem to allow files to be transmitted, only text! I can e-mail it to you via hotmail etc if thats better (I need your email address for this!). Am I missing the easy way to do this?

Irishman.

The greater the difficulty, the greater the glory - Cicero

Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... - 6/28/2004 9:35:51 PM   
52nd Lowland

Ive sent u a Private Message on this Irishman

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted >> Looking for a Jap Player for the long campaigns.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI