Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where Soviet Union Heavy Mortars Towed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where Soviet Union Heavy Mortars Towed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where Soviet Union Heavy Mortars Towed? - 12/24/2001 11:05:00 PM   
brianleeprice

Topic pretty much asks the question I'd like to find an answer to. All the Soviet Union (and a few but definately not all other nation heavy mortars) are listed as towed in the OOB. Is this correct? Thanks,
Brian

Post #: 1
- 12/25/2001 7:00:00 AM   
Stuart Millis

Towed or carried, it makes little difference in game terms. There was a command decision IIRC to limit heavy mortars to one per truck, hence the 100+x carry cost

(in reply to brianleeprice)
Post #: 2
- 12/25/2001 8:45:00 AM   
Hauptmann6

The US 4.2 was carried in a truck or had its own sled for manual towing. The Soviet and German(copy of the russian model) 120mm mortar was towed on a 2 wheeled cart. The Brit and Italians I am not familier with...

Post #: 3
- 12/25/2001 9:26:00 AM   
asgrrr

I'm not sure I understand the question. Like other small pieces of ordnance, the soviet heavy mortars were small enough to be manhandled, but towed by vehicles or animals over long distances. That said, the soviets were known for manually pushing guns along when advancing, sometimes over considerable distances. I saw a picture once of a 76mm ZiS gun being dragged by its crew. It was equipped with ropes or slings, the front man was tied to it about the shoulders and they were literally running with it, over a stream at that! But what is the point of your question?

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 4
- 12/25/2001 2:51:00 PM   
brianleeprice

It was just that I noticed the varying carry restrictions (the 100+ values) with all of the Soviet Union's heavy mortars and with a few (very few) oddball mortars in other OOBs - by far most heavy mortars in most OOBs have no such restriction. I was wondering if there was some basis in fact for this restriction. Thanks,
Brian

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where Soviet Union Heavy Mortars Towed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI