Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

could not read header # 5- PBEM problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> could not read header # 5- PBEM problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
could not read header # 5- PBEM problem - 8/3/2004 11:52:39 PM   
BossGnome

yo what is going on here? Ok ok ok, this is a long, screwed up story so let me explain. Some of you might remember my install problem I posted a while back. I never fully solved it. What I did was get my old computer, install it there, then use a burner to burn the install files on a cd. I then put all the "matrix folder" on my computer. So the game isnt really installed, but it runs. Now, there is a slight thing. I see no version number on the bottom left of my screen, but my files I have tell me I have patch 1.1....hmmmh... and then, I wanted to start a PBEM game with some guy, he sent me turn 1, I drag it to the korsun pocket icon the game opens up, with a wonderful error message " could not read header #5" and then the option to keep korsun pocket open or close it. What is going on here?

ps: I might mention that when I try to load an e-mail game (yeeah what folder am I meant to put the e-mail game in for korsun pocket to be able to open it?) so when I try to open an e-mail game, there are none to open of course (since i dont know where to put them) and i click in the place where the games would appear, and the game closes. yay.

Please help!
Post #: 1
RE: could not read header # 5- PBEM problem - 8/4/2004 12:59:27 AM   
JSS

Header #5 means you and your opponent have different versions of KP (believe this is a check of registry version info).

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: could not read header # 5- PBEM problem - 8/4/2004 5:03:52 AM   
alexs

BossGnome,
By simply copying the files across, the requisite registry entries have not been made.

With regards to your installation problem, have you tried specifying a different folder (other than the standard Program Files\Matrix Games one)?

AlexS

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 3
RE: could not read header # 5- PBEM problem - 8/4/2004 6:41:36 AM   
BossGnome

I can't: as soon as I click "install korsun pocket" the whole gizmo starts up (my installer and stuff, you know) and then right away when it makes the directory it tells me the error message. if there is a way to change the directory, how do you do it?

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 4
RE: could not read header # 5- PBEM problem - 8/4/2004 6:53:37 AM   
BossGnome

moreover, i just tried it on the computer where the version is installed. It is version 1.11. Then, it said "cannot read header #1" what is header #1 now???

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> could not read header # 5- PBEM problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI