Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uncommon Valor...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Uncommon Valor... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uncommon Valor... - 12/15/2004 10:29:54 PM   
Gasbag

The damn game occaisionally crashes to desktop during combat sequences. Also during game saving the audio skips ( like a broken record ). The tutorial is the worst written that I've ever seen. I've got a good mind to sue the company for the cost of the game. If this is the quality of product that Matrix turns out then I won't be buying any more.
P.S. I've got the f#@#ing thing patched to 2.30, have more than enough RAM (512) to run it & have updated my video card ( BFG Nividia Geforce FX 5500 256 MB ) drivers.
Post #: 1
RE: Uncommon Valor... - 12/15/2004 10:40:15 PM   
madflava13

Tech support is very good. I would recommend you post the specific problem to the tech board and give them all the details. Odds are good that it's something seen before and there's a solution. I haven't heard of your particular problem before, but I'm sure they can help you out...

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to Gasbag)
Post #: 2
RE: Uncommon Valor... - 12/15/2004 10:40:21 PM   
Hexed Gamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gasbag

The damn game occaisionally crashes to desktop during combat sequences. Also during game saving the audio skips ( like a broken record ). The tutorial is the worst written that I've ever seen. I've got a good mind to sue the company for the cost of the game. If this is the quality of product that Matrix turns out then I won't be buying any more.
P.S. I've got the f#@#ing thing patched to 2.30, have more than enough RAM (512) to run it & have updated my video card ( BFG Nividia Geforce FX 5500 256 MB ) drivers.

What a happy little camper you are :)
I hope you don't mind if several people show you where the door is.
That is, assuming you actually expect to be well received with such obviously anti social posting habits.

Must be the first person to claim they want to sue the company though. First for everything.

errrr hmmm I hope you don't mind the sound of laughing though on that part about the quality of their games.

Perhaps you would enjoy a fine copy of Hearts of Iron original edition?

There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place

(in reply to Gasbag)
Post #: 3
RE: Uncommon Valor... - 12/15/2004 11:33:53 PM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gasbag

It's always frustrating when you spend good money and then have problems like that. Whats worse is when you do get ahold of tech support and they want you to update drivers first and what not before they go much further. No one wants to hear that they are to blame because they already know in their mind that its not their own fault. Must be a bad product.

But did you ever consider the thousands of other people that ARE NOT having your problems? Where the audio doesn't skip? Where the game doesn't crash during combat sequences?

The Argument always goes both ways. Perhaps you have no problem with any other games therefore it must be THIS game. But No One else is having those problems with THAT game so therefore it must be you/your system.

In either case I think more investigation and troubleshooting would be required before jumping to conclusions.

As for the tutorial. I'm inclined to agree but then again I don't think there was ever a claim otherwise. Are the words "Includes spectacular in-depth interactive speaking tutorial" on the gamebox or web feature page? Last I saw they were not. And if you compare the tutorial to other similiar wargames, really they all suck.

(in reply to Gasbag)
Post #: 4
RE: Uncommon Valor... - 12/16/2004 12:05:24 AM   
Fred98

Uncommon Valour is a great game.

The user interface is very different to anything before and takes a bit of getting used to.

But it's a wargamers game and well worth it.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 5
RE: Uncommon Valor... - 12/16/2004 12:44:34 AM   
Fux

As madflava pointed out contact tech support and include ALL the info you can about your system including any running processes, like Anti-Virus-Software and the like.
For me it seems that you have something running in the background that eats up a lot of memory which could cause the crashes and the "broken audio" everytime you "busy" your system with Combat Animations or Savings. - When you are running XP and have some additional "toys" 512MB is really the minimum I think.
You can also try a defragmentation of your hard disk for starters.
I personally have run UV on many different systems and computer specs and never encountered any problems. So for me the game is definetly "solidly build".

Regarding the tutorial: UV is such an immense game, that it is nearly impossible to cover every aspect through a tutorial. And I would always prefer that the resources are put into bugfixing than into a tutorial as I personally enjoy to learn through playing.

Good luck!
Fux

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 6
RE: Uncommon Valor...how to get it - 12/20/2004 8:16:52 AM   
Fossiili

Where could one get Uncommon Valor? It's not sold here and I do not have a credit card. My wife thinks I'm too old, I will lose it somewere.

(in reply to Gasbag)
Post #: 7
RE: Uncommon Valor...how to get it - 12/20/2004 10:16:31 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fossiili

Where could one get Uncommon Valor? It's not sold here and I do not have a credit card. My wife thinks I'm too old, I will lose it somewere.

They also accept Checks, Money Orders, and Wire Transfers for a small additional fee.

"A processing fee of $3.00 will be applied to your order. Checks, Money Orders and Wire Transfers must be drawn in U.S. Dollars from a U.S. bank.

If paying by Check, Money Order, or Wire Transfer, you will receive payment instructions upon completion of your order."

Just add the item to your cart and then choose the method you want. UV is a great game.

(in reply to Fossiili)
Post #: 8
RE: Uncommon Valor...how to get it - 12/20/2004 4:42:33 PM   
Hexed Gamer

Yep contrary to popular opinion, a credit card is NOT the only way to pay for something :)

I use money orders all the time. Bit slower, but it is simple secure and works. And you don't have the worries of your money order number being stolen (that part is nice).

Tends to make a person wait a few days for a digital download option, but anyone that can't wait a few more days for just about anything luxury item oriented, likely has a behavioural disorder hehe.

There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 9
RE: Uncommon Valor...how to get it - 12/22/2004 12:30:41 PM   
Miller

You can pick up a copy on ebay for around £5/$10.

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Uncommon Valor... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI