Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flaw in version 8.1???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flaw in version 8.1??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 6:01:04 PM   
m10bob

I was playing a new solitaire campaign,(Germans),and had reached approx my 6th battle,(won all,3 marginal,3 decisive),and when ready to re-fit for my next battle,the game was giving me over 3500 fresh points!..I loaded up on Tigers,Marder IIIH's(new to inventory),and anything good I could get..I suspect this was a mathematical error in version 8.1?????
I would like to think maybe it was intentional and maybe compensating for some historical windfall,but I can't think of anything that might have happened for the Germans right about then.???Approx spring 1943??
I hope somebody can respond to this relatively soon,and tell me I should not feel like I somehow cheated in my solitaire campaign,because I am about to kick some major booty on the Eastern Front......

Post #: 1
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 9:16:05 PM   
hellcat

that 8.1 long campaign sure is straaaange man. 8.2 is mean't t fix a lot of the weirdness that goes on for long campaigns so u might wanna wait...

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 2
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 9:59:47 PM   
KG Erwin

This is a very timely posting. 8.2 has undergone some major changes in AI force selections for campaign or set-piece battle play, but here's the way you have to do it in order to get it to work properly: for single battles, rarity must be set "ON".

For generated or long campaigns: select your initial core force with "True Troop ON/Rarity OFF". In this way you get a force that's close to historical TOEs without anomalies like running out of infantry platoon commanders or having no attached MGs/mortars. On the deploy screen, immediately "save" the battle. Then go back to the preferences and select "True Troop ON/Rarity ON". Then reload the saved battle, setup your force and start on your journey. Keep the rarity settings this way for the remainder of the campaign.

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 3
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 10:02:15 PM   
m10bob

Thanks Hellcat(like that name,kinda like an m18 cousin)..
I just finished the next battle (of course it was decisive with all those new Tigers),and this time I got over 10,000 rebuild points!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suspect it is giving the right points but just started dropping on an extra digit??..Funny it waited for 6 battles before doing this..I have never experienced it before,playing any other country..(I would not mind if this could happen if tied to a historical event,like the Soviets right AFTER Stalingrad?)...

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 4
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 10:12:18 PM   
KG Erwin

m10bob, are your starting your German campaign in September 39 like most long-campaigners do? Let me warn you about the Poles in the upcoming 8.2--they are not pushovers anymore. The Poles have infantry AND cavalry ATR teams that can demolish the Pz Is and IIs. I should post this in caps at the Training Center: Rule Number One--with limited visibility and/or in close terrain, NEVER let tanks advance without infantry in immediate support.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 5
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/11/2004 11:13:22 PM   
Losqualo

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Thanks Hellcat(like that name,kinda like an m18 cousin)..
I just finished the next battle (of course it was decisive with all those new Tigers),and this time I got over 10,000 rebuild points!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suspect it is giving the right points but just started dropping on an extra digit??..Funny it waited for 6 battles before doing this..I have never experienced it before,playing any other country..(I would not mind if this could happen if tied to a historical event,like the Soviets right AFTER Stalingrad?)...

I always had the feeling about having too much points.

I only played the long campaign with the Germans so far, but it's not unusual to end the war with 30,000 - 40,000 points left.
I always thought that would happen because I had to tweak with the initial points a bit to get the core force I wanted .

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 6
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/12/2004 1:47:59 AM   
m10bob

Glenn.......I'm not using the long campaign,but the WW2 generator,Germany,starting approx July 1942..I have now played approx 7 battles and I have accurately reported the "rebuild points" for the last 2 battles.
I have been playing SP genre since it's inception,and this is why I thought there might be a problem..I always start my campaigns with "rarity on"(though in this case,I am positive it is not a factor,but I do see how it should be off when 1st starting a campaign)..
I do usually play to the same results(draw at worst)but I have NEVER been rewarded with such huge rebuild points....
Standing by.............(loyal Matrix fan)..

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 7
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/12/2004 5:28:08 AM   
Cooper

My long campaign just went south. Only my HQ company made it to the next battle. The rest of the regiment and its supporting panzer company did not, all core troops. I think I will wait until 8.2 to restart.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 8
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/12/2004 9:49:02 PM   
m10bob

Ref Losqualo
Wow!!!!!...Ending a campaign with 30'000+ points!!!!!
Did you ever experience this problem before 8.1??..I never have and usually never get enough points to rebuild each unit damaged per turn,(let alone be able to rebuild my entire force each turn,till this present 9.1 campaign anyway)..
I see you are in Stuttgart..Nice city,reminded me of Cincinnati with the hills....

(in reply to Cooper)
Post #: 9
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 6/13/2004 8:33:17 PM   
Naw

There are other weird issues in the campaign. I started as Germany in 1939, I have fought 12 battles now and I haven't met a single enemy tank yet. I have only seen infantry, some offboard artillery and a vehicle or two, but that's it.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix this problem? It's so easy to win. Once I figure out where the enemy is I drop a ton of shells from a couple of 150mm FG batteries and finish them off with rockets.

//Naw

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 10
RE: Flaw in version 8.1??? - 7/6/2004 11:29:57 AM   
Losqualo

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Ref Losqualo
Wow!!!!!...Ending a campaign with 30'000+ points!!!!!
Did you ever experience this problem before 8.1??..I never have and usually never get enough points to rebuild each unit damaged per turn,(let alone be able to rebuild my entire force each turn,till this present 9.1 campaign anyway)..
I see you are in Stuttgart..Nice city,reminded me of Cincinnati with the hills....

Hi Bob,

sorry for my late reply, just came back from vacation.

I have to admit that I bought a core force for 6000 points, and I suspect that because of that I also got more points later in the campaign.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naw

There are other weird issues in the campaign. I started as Germany in 1939, I have fought 12 battles now and I haven't met a single enemy tank yet. I have only seen infantry, some offboard artillery and a vehicle or two, but that's it.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix this problem? It's so easy to win. Once I figure out where the enemy is I drop a ton of shells from a couple of 150mm FG batteries and finish them off with rockets.

//Naw

Welcome to the Board, Naw!

How many units do you have in your core force? There's a limit for units during a battle (I think 240 units total), so when you have a core force of 200 units, the AI only can deploy 40 units. And if he buys Infantry frirst, he won't be able to deploy any tanks.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flaw in version 8.1??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI