Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Manual - 7/1/2004 6:41:02 PM   
incbob

Is the manual in color or just black and white. Also, how many pages.
I am starting to try and figure out how I am going to print and bind the manual.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 6:43:06 PM   
mbatch729

Color, 220 pages.

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 2
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 6:56:42 PM   
Caltone

Speaking of which, I've been printing mine off at home over the past couple of days. I decided I needed something to read during downtime

To save cost and to keep it fairly fast on my older printer, I print in B&W and draft quality. It's readable but I'm yearning for a nice color copy. Anyone have an idea how much Kinko's, etc charges to do a job like that? I would handle the binding on my own. Manual is 220 pages btw.

And before anyone can suggest it: I recently switched jobs (good thing) but it would be basically impossible to print this baby off at work on the color laser.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 3
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 6:58:09 PM   
mbatch729

Hey Caltone,

Who'd you go to work for? I'm in Charlotte too.

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 4
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:06:36 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caltone

Speaking of which, I've been printing mine off at home over the past couple of days. I decided I needed something to read during downtime

To save cost and to keep it fairly fast on my older printer, I print in B&W and draft quality. It's readable but I'm yearning for a nice color copy. Anyone have an idea how much Kinko's, etc charges to do a job like that? I would handle the binding on my own. Manual is 220 pages btw.

And before anyone can suggest it: I recently switched jobs (good thing) but it would be basically impossible to print this baby off at work on the color laser.

I'd bet you'd spend more at Kinko's for a 220 page color printout than you spent for the game itself....

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 5
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:08:00 PM   
rogueusmc

My UV manual cost about $15 spiral bound with a clear maminate front and back cover.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 6
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:09:06 PM   
ggallagher

Rogue:

Was this at Kinko's?

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 7
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:11:10 PM   
rogueusmc

Yes it was. ordered it on Matrix's site and picked it up two days later. Of course the WitP manual will be alot bigger.

If you want them to deliver it, they charge you to.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 7/1/2004 11:11:53 AM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 8
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:17:26 PM   
rogueusmc

I just looked at the doc store and it's about $6 with coil binding now. The UV manual.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 9
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 7:30:27 PM   
Xargun

I just changed jobes and used to work for a copy center in a large retailer. The going price was $0.99 per page for ANY sort of color print. So a 220 page manual will be expensive to print. The deal Matrix had with Kinko's was a special deal based on estimated volume and so forth but don't expect such a good deal without Matrix's intercession on our behalfs. Just print it out at home in B&W... Although I'm thinking of having the cover printed in color (it looks cool) to stick on the cover of the 3-ring binder I have it in.

Xargun

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 10
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 9:33:03 PM   
Caltone

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbatch729

Hey Caltone,

Who'd you go to work for? I'm in Charlotte too.

Just switched jobs a month ago. I work for Scottish Re, we're in the Ballantyne area. How about you? And hello neighbor I actually live in Indian Tral, but figured no one had heard of that

We've lived here about 4 years now and love it. You a native Charlottean or transplant mbatch?

(in reply to mbatch729)
Post #: 11
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 9:36:11 PM   
mbatch729

Work for Bank of America, on an AS/400. Several of my co-workers live out your way. I'm on the opposite side of town, Mt. Holly actually. Native.

< Message edited by mbatch729 -- 7/1/2004 2:36:43 PM >

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 12
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 9:45:40 PM   
adsoul

Hey Caltone, how did you get your copy? I'd like to get it as well

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 13
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 9:54:49 PM   
Slick91

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

My UV manual cost about $15 spiral bound with a clear maminate front and back cover.

However, that was B&W content pages (excluding cover art).

Don't anyone go around hoping to find a printer to do the whole PDF file IN COLOR for less than $1.00 per page (approx.). A Black and White copy would be far less.

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 14
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 10:11:08 PM   
Caltone

quote:

ORIGINAL: adso

Hey Caltone, how did you get your copy? I'd like to get it as well

Guy I play PBEM with went to Origins and bought me a copy, I had it in my greedy hands Monday morning. To my good friend

SONNY

I am forever in your debt sir, although I still will not hold back in my efforts to eradicate your Western influence from the lands rightfully belonging to the empire. LOL in our last UV game he thought Australia didn't belong to Japan Unfortunately his forces felt the same way and kicked the bejeezus out of the brave warriors of the Rising Sun.

Revenge as soon as I can figure out what's going on Dec 7th and this whole production thing

< Message edited by Caltone -- 7/1/2004 8:12:30 PM >

(in reply to adsoul)
Post #: 15
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 10:15:08 PM   
Caltone

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbatch729

Work for Bank of America, on an AS/400. Several of my co-workers live out your way. I'm on the opposite side of town, Mt. Holly actually. Native.

Pretty neat. I do SQL and VB work for Scottish, we're a reinsurance company. You work downtown? I don't envy you that drive everyday. We're so close we have to get together sometime to grab a few beers and discuss our victories in the Pacific.

(in reply to mbatch729)
Post #: 16
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 10:18:27 PM   
UncleBuck

I think you have two options. You can print out all of the pages that just have print on them and then copy the ones you want in color, and have Kinkos print just those for you. Also I beleive you can convert PDF to DOC and use WORD. I am just wondering if I can upscale teh maps to our Plotter and if I have a free wall to place them :)

UB

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 17
RE: The Manual - 7/1/2004 10:24:14 PM   
mbatch729

Yeah, work downtown. But, I take one of the CATS express buses to work. Get to nap/read on the way in. Love to get together for a cold one sometimes.

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI