Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not so much a bug as a curiousity...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Not so much a bug as a curiousity... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not so much a bug as a curiousity... - 7/2/2004 7:56:33 PM   
2Stepper

Greetings. Wanted to ask with respects to system specs? Is it possible to have "too much" machine to run WiTP? Or is it just that the graphics for combat, air vs naval in particular have been sped up?

I plan to check the scroll rate of my mouse to kinda slow things down a bit, but the rate of which combat goes is almost hard to keep up with. Just asking for any thoughts on this. The game is still eminently playable, but I'm going to have to slow things up a touch at some point because I get a little buggy watching the bombs fall on shipping after a bit. LOL!!

System specs:
AMD Athlon 64/3000 ~2.0Ghtz
1GB RAM
Nvidia 5200FX video with 128MB RAM
Audigy 2 sound

All drivers including DX are upgraded to the latest available. As I said, I don't think this is a problem, but with what I know of the "requirements" I almost wonder if my current system is a touch too quick... Await your thoughts...

Oh, and did I mention that it's a great game? LOL! DEFINITELY going to be saying that a lot! LOL!

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
Post #: 1
RE: Not so much a bug as a curiousity... - 7/2/2004 8:03:19 PM   
Mr.Frag

Crank up the delays a bit. I had the same problem early on because the map scroll delay wasn't working yet and I went corner to corner in about a second

There is no *too much* machine catagory.

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 2
RE: Not so much a bug as a curiousity... - 7/2/2004 8:06:43 PM   
2Stepper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
There is no *too much* machine catagory.

Couldn't agree more there considering... LOL! That's what was nice about building this box... figured with minimal investment I'd have a machine that'd last 4-5yrs instead of barely 2... at any rate, I'll see if I can tweek a few things...

Just wanted to make sure... Thanks Frag.

Kinda funny just thinking about it... "too much machine" in this day and age? Kinda laughable... LOL! forget I mentioned it...

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Not so much a bug as a curiousity... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI