Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

uniforms that change colour

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> uniforms that change colour Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
uniforms that change colour - 7/4/2004 6:55:33 AM   
crazyivan

hi team thanks for an awesome update.great work to all.
three things thus far.
1.i,m playing the long campiagn USMC vs Japan,start date was defualt dec 41.all the japs were in what appeared to be german fiel gray the same as the mode colours in vs8.0 for all axis.half way through the game they all of a sudden are turnig to what colur they should be japan jungle green olive .this only happened by two things i exited the game then got back in some jap squads still stayed german grey but once fired on and taking kias they would then turn to there rght colour so i have still squads in both colours untill they are fired on...this seams wiered
what is the colour sopposed to be for the japaness is this a bug as i know units will change colour slightly t show there surpressed.
2.can some one help me also i have the screen go black every now and then all you need to do is click the mouse button and it comes back is this a refresh prob not a bigge .
xp pro
viewsoic pf790 pro series ctr 19inch
9800 power colour pro 128mg card
audigy 2 zs
p4 3.2g 800fsb ht chip
1 gig kingston 400 dual arry ram
875 msi p mb
2 80 gig wd hard drives
i hope this helps
3.can any one tell me what changes have been made since 8.1

many thanks to all whom help keep up the good work

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
RE: uniforms that change colour - 7/4/2004 8:27:58 AM   
stevemk1a

As far as the black screen / color thing goes ... I had the same problem. You have to make sure no other programs are running in the background when playing spwaw - it's a CPU hog, Especially screensaver programs !! I found that unless I disable my webshots screen saver, I get all sorts of psychedelic colors popping up at inoppurtune moments ... after a blackout of course

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
RE: uniforms that change colour - 7/5/2004 6:38:26 PM   
jwarrenw13

I solved the problem in a different way. Someone can probably tell me why this was a bad idea. I had the same problem with 8.0 and 8.2, the color corruption. I'm running XP and simply changed the compatibility setting for SPWAW to run in 256 colors. The color corruption stopped and I saw no difference in the way the game looks on my computer. Frankly I should probably try your advice and turn off my screensaver, which is one like yours, though.

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> uniforms that change colour Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI