Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An Updated SP3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> An Updated SP3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An Updated SP3 - 6/7/2000 3:55:00 AM   
Wild Bill

For those who like modern warfare, a good friend of mine, Ilja Varha and his crew, have produced a nice upgrade to SP3. I know this is an SPWAW forum. I also know some of you play SP3 for the modern warfare and enjoy it. I thought I would let you know about this. Here is what Ilja has to say. There is a new (introduced: June 4th) SP3 modification available from Fulgansoft. It's called "Steel Panthers III: Moderna", and as the name says it is about the years 50-99. Moderna radically changes the behaviour of missiles and SAMs. It improves the accuracy and effectiveness, and it makes the battlefield very realistic. Even in one game, you will see the difference. Dragon missile is now very good anti-tank weapon, unlike before, when it had the hit chance of 6% as regular and even if it hits, it bounces off the armour off T-64's side. It isn't that way anymore. You get shot by a Russian Kornet, and you really do avoid the same spot again. Also the attack choppers got very much improved with this missile update. Now a Tiger UHU or Rooivalk with missiles are a really deadly weapon to play with. But they are to be kept out of SAMs' sight, or the result can be a dead chopper. Also the AT-Guns and support squads are boosted. AT-Guns are harder to spot, and all support squads (MG, Inf-SAM, Inf-AT etc.) have hand grenades to slightly raise their infantry fighting ability. Moderna's other big fix is in it's KOBs (unit database etc.). All data found by multiple KOB makers is put together, and the result is masses of new units for many of the countries. No experimental weapon systems are in the game, no, only the real ones the armies use. There is also three new countries to play with: Finland, Sweden and South-Africa (these replace Denmark, Checkoslovakia and PLO). These countries have very interesting armies, with unique, self-made equipment. With all this come "the chrome": 1020 new LBM-images (unit fotographs), most of them in colour, new SHP-files (unit Icon-graphics, new main-menu picture, new mouse cursors), and last, but not least, there are the improved sound effects to bring the feel of real fighting even closer. Get the Steel Panthers III: Moderna at: http://members.xoom.com/Zipuli/Moderna.htm It's downloadable in small files (around 2 Meg), and the full size is 15 Megabytes. On this site you can add your E-Mail address to the PBEM-players list, to others to challenge you. Have fun and all comments, suggestions, questions, etc are welcome! ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 6/7/2000 3:11:00 PM   
Strono

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: ... Get the Steel Panthers III: Moderna at: http://members.xoom.com/Zipuli/Moderna.htm [/B]
I can't seem to get the link to work... Are you sure this is the right link???

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 6/7/2000 3:37:00 PM   
Recon_slith

It worked for me, although slowly. Looks interesting but this SP is enough for me, at least for the present. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 6/7/2000 10:33:00 PM   
Larry Holt

Another free SP via long download then days and nights blurring into one another as I can't help playing just one more turn!!?? Bill are you trying to kill me or have my wife divorce me? ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 6/8/2000 12:41:00 AM   
troopie

I have it and it soars. Love the new nations. The SADF/SANDF doesn't have a couple battalions that my old one did, 61 Mech and 32 Light, but the new air and ground units more than make up for it. Whoever did that one, Thomas Hoting I think, did his homework. Goed So, Meneer! I also like the Finnish and Swedish KOBs, It's sad to lose Czechoslovakia, Denmark and the PLO, but except for Czecho I seldom used them anyway. troopie PS. The Buffel in the LBM looked VERY familiar.

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 6/8/2000 12:44:00 AM   
Wild Bill

No harm meant, Larry I've run out of excuses around here. Just bite the bullet Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 6/8/2000 3:43:00 AM   
dextertt

Hi WB, Thanks for the pointer. I download and very impress with the work. Question to you, is there a chance to "retro fit" spwaw back to sp3 scale ? I think it would be great to play sp3 with all the enhancements such as bigger map and more units. You can have literally division size battle ! Cheers, Dexter

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 6/8/2000 10:29:00 PM   
Ilja Varha

Hey! I am new at the board... didn't register before. It's very good to know that people like what I've made with the individual KOB makers! I made it only to be fun to play. There is more to come after some time. The biggest thing is the new EXE Leondus promised to make 2 months ago... he is back home now and sometime soon the EXE will be done. It fixes the country names to correct ones (no more Denmar-Finland etc.). About the speed of my site. I am very sorry about this somewhat slow loading speed. It takes some time to me too to enter the pages, but the download comes as fast as in any other page. I hope it does that to you too. I am thinking of moving the site to another location someday, but as I have no better alternatives yet, there is not much to do. If anyone knows fast&free place for a page, please do tell me. And yes, the SA KOB was made by Tomas. He made a lot of other things too, very talented editor. ------------------ Ilja Varha, maker of the SPIII: Moderna

Ilja Varha Leader (and proud of it!)of the SPMW development team.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 6/8/2000 11:14:00 PM   
dextertt

Hi Ilja Varha, I tried to send you a thank you note via email but somehow I was not able to. I think it is my isp email server that was having problem. Thank for making SP3 Moderna. It looks great. Cheers, Dexter

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> An Updated SP3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI