Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installation question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Installation question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation question - 1/1/2002 11:52:00 AM   
Jsherfy

I purchased SPwaw North African Campaign disc and wonder if there is a way to load just SPWAW without the Mega Campaign. I have an older computer and it might be worth doing this if it will save a bit of HD space. Thanks

Joe
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2002 7:28:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Sorry, as far as I know there is no way to install only SPWAW and not the Mega Campaign from the CD. Of course you can delete the Mega Campaign from your hard disk after the installation, but taking only 24 MB (if I recall correctly) that's not of much use with respect to available hard disk space.

(in reply to Jsherfy)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2002 7:45:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Jsherfy:
I purchased SPwaw North African Campaign disc and wonder if there is a way to load just SPWAW without the Mega Campaign. I have an older computer and it might be worth doing this if it will save a bit of HD space. Thanks
If you get the v5.01 internet download and then update it to v7 without adding the stereo sound update, you get the smallest footprint game. That requires about 500meg vs the roughly 1 gig size of v7 plus stereo (which comes with the v5.3 MC install) plus all the user designed scenarios and campaigns that you will be adding. You will really miss out without the added value you get from the MC install though.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Jsherfy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Installation question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI