Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI selecting force less than maximum points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI selecting force less than maximum points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI selecting force less than maximum points - 1/4/2002 10:41:00 AM   
swagman

Trying to create a more realistic game situation, I have started allowing the AI to buy units in PBEM games... It has worked until I tried it with France...the game was a meeting with 3500 points a side. Germany had 3500 points of equipment (pzgr company and pz company and support), but the French only received about 800 points of units (10 platoons and a few guns). I have tried it a few more times and each time the AI only spends a fraction of the available points. I trialled this with Russia vs Germany, and the AI purchased 3,500 points worth of units for Russia and Germany...but it doesn't work for France. I haven't tried it for the minor protagonists like ANZAC or Italy. Any observations would be appreciated...would this be caused by France being a "minor protagonist" in the game engine...or is it an unintended feature?

Post #: 1
- 1/4/2002 10:38:00 PM   
richmonder

Hmmm. I know the AI has a force selection process, and I am under the impression that it differs from nationality to nationality. I'd think someone from Matrix would be best suited to answer that, though.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 2
- 1/4/2002 11:25:00 PM   
achappelle

is rarity turned on in your preferences? i've had situations where the ai has failed so many rarity checks that it just runs out of units.

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 3
- 1/5/2002 3:08:00 AM   
troopie

I have had that happen in generated campaigns. The AI buys nothing but sappers and 75mm guns. I turn the true troop cost off and it buys a balanced force. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 4
- 1/7/2002 1:08:00 PM   
swagman

I have troop rarity on...I will turn this off and try again. Thanks all for the advice.

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI selecting force less than maximum points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI