Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaigns - A Top Priority

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaigns - A Top Priority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaigns - A Top Priority - 6/3/2000 3:06:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Just so you know, correcting the problems in generated battles and campaigns is a top priority for the upcoming patch. Take heart! There are also some other nifty surprises in store for you. We ain't through yet! Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 6/3/2000 10:19:00 AM   
Greybear

Yeee..Ha, thanks for the good work Bill. Lots of neat stuff in SPWAW, but the campaigns is what solo players play for. I am still trying to play a random campaign. How about a list on Known bugs that are being worked on? That way I will know when to report one.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 6/3/2000 11:14:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Michael Wood has that list, Greybeard. I'll have to see if I can scrounge a copy of what he has. I do know that a lot of ground is being covered by Michael. And he is quite thorough. WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 6/3/2000 11:39:00 AM   
bigjim

Alittle off topic Bill but does Eagles end with Market-Garden??? I got decives in the first 3 senario's and then it crashes to desk top when I click the done button at the end of Market Garden???

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 6/3/2000 4:50:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Hey Big Jim, NO, that was a corrupted campaign file. There is a newer one on the download page of SPWAW page. We put that up when we found some sort of error in the scenario that was causing it to crash at the end of the third battle. I'll send you a copy of the revision. This one, indeed, will play all the way through. Sorry for the inconvenience. It will mean starting over...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 6/3/2000 7:20:00 PM   
kfbaker

Nice to hear Bill, a stick of dynamite up those no shows ( un no what) mite do the trick.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 6/3/2000 9:26:00 PM   
Greybear

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Michael Wood has that list, Greybeard. I'll have to see if I can scrounge a copy of what he has. I do know that a lot of ground is being covered by Michael. And he is quite thorough. WB
Bill, I would like a copy of that bug list, and yes my beard is grey. Greybear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 6/3/2000 9:55:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Okay, I've scrounged. Now I'll have to get permission from the higher ups to release it. Contrary to popular opinion, I am only a peon with too big a mouth, and I've often said more than I should. It's hard to write with your leg up around your neck and a size 12 shoe in your trap So let me get an okay if this can be presented. There may be some good reasons why it cannot. I think I can say this. I've tested 23 changes to the generated campaigns and battles and they are all good changes and work well. Michael Wood has done a superb job with no sleep in tracking down and resolving any difficulties. The man has been under a lot of pressure with this project. Its really to his credit that so much has been done to this game. In my book personally, Mike Wood is a programmer who can comfortably sit beside anybody you name in the computer programming field. And he has the gamer's interest at heart. He too, loves to play a good wargame and is a top notch scenario designer himself. I'll keep you posted, Greybeard, with what I can tell you. ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 6/4/2000 3:01:00 AM   
Bondy

Cheers to Michael Wood. No idea how old Michael is but I almost feel like I've grown up with the guy (along with many other long-time SP supporters). He created that DOS based unit editor for SP1 many years ago, and it seems obvious to me his programming skills have improved tremendously in the last 5 or so years. Good luck on the update!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 6/4/2000 5:33:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Bondy, having seen Mike work and the results he has achieved would make me put his work beside any game designer out there. The man never ceases to amaze me! Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 6/4/2000 1:36:00 PM   
crazyivan

thanks once agian for your hard work guys every night i have played this game since it came out and not one crash top marks.have you an idea when the update will be released{patch}. [This message has been edited by crazyivan (edited 06-04-2000).]

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 6/4/2000 6:38:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Sometime this week for sure. I don't have an exact date as yet. Thanks Ivan. We hope to make it even better. I love its stability too...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 6/4/2000 9:08:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Michael Wood has done a superb job with no sleep in tracking down and resolving any difficulties. The man has been under a lot of pressure with this project. Its really to his credit that so much has been done to this game. In my book personally, Mike Wood is a programmer who can comfortably sit beside anybody you name in the computer programming field. And he has the gamer's interest at heart. He too, loves to play a good wargame and is a top notch scenario designer himself.
I would like to add my greatest admiration and deepest respect for Mike Wood's work on SPWaW. His programming work is absolutely phenomenal.And he's doing this just out of love for doing a great wargame... Thanks, Mike! Fabio Prado

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaigns - A Top Priority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI