Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT-Anyone experience this before?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OT-Anyone experience this before? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT-Anyone experience this before? - 1/24/2002 10:14:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hello all, sorry for the off-topic thread, but there are many folks here with different vocations, and am hoping someone may have a solution for a very annoying problem! I have just moved from one county, to another, and tried to get on the internet to resume some PBEM games I have going, but alas, I can't access the internet!! I get a message telling me the number dialed did not answer, or was not answered by a computer, and the same setup worked flawlessly before we moved!! I use attglobal.net as the ISP, and have gone thru their CS, but so far no satisfaction, the phone lines ar fine, and the modems work fine. Has anyone ever experienced this after a move, and if so, how did you resolve this?! Fortunately, I can write from work here, but all my e-mail and everything are unaccessable, and it's really pissing me off, please help!!!!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
- 1/25/2002 1:15:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse:
Hello all, sorry for the off-topic thread, but there are many folks here with different vocations, and am hoping someone may have a solution for a very annoying problem! I have just moved from one county, to another, and tried to get on the internet to resume some PBEM games I have going, but alas, I can't access the internet!! I get a message telling me the number dialed did not answer, or was not answered by a computer, and the same setup worked flawlessly before we moved!! I use attglobal.net as the ISP, and have gone thru their CS, but so far no satisfaction, the phone lines ar fine, and the modems work fine. Has anyone ever experienced this after a move, and if so, how did you resolve this?! Fortunately, I can write from work here, but all my e-mail and everything are unaccessable, and it's really pissing me off, please help!!!!!
Hello Warhorse! Nice to see someone else got the moving blues with the Internet. Well you might want to try this, it work for me back when I use a modem. First option delete your setting for your dial up to the internet and modem drivers reboot the puter and will ask you for the drivers for the modem install the drivers and create a new Internet account. It should solve the problem. If step one fail Power off you puter and pull the modem card out start your puter delete modem driver and Internet account. Reboot puter.
Now Power off puter and install modem card back in puter. Power on puter and install modem driver when windows ask for them. Reboot puter and create new Internet account with your ISP info on setting. One of these solution should work and you can do a self diagnostic on modem to make sure it works. Well I hope this works for you Warhorse, let me know if it does or not I might have another solution. BTY what OS are you running? Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
- 1/25/2002 7:16:00 AM   
Alby

hey mike, a buddy of mine is on the same ISP as you, he is in another country as well.
you may try writing him, rick ozlowsky(jadpanther)
rolson@ your isp here. [ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 3
- 1/25/2002 2:20:00 PM   
lnp4668

You mays wants to check the dialing property of telephone in your new area. Do you have to dial area code + phone number or just the phone #?

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OT-Anyone experience this before? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI