Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disk do not work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Disk do not work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disk do not work - 7/26/2004 5:00:04 PM   
Sir Walter

I purchased 5 game backup disk from Matrix. I put them in the computer. windows xp the light comes on and runs but no game? Why?? This is the only game company I have ever bought a game from that does this????Help Walter
Post #: 1
RE: Disk do not work - 7/26/2004 5:13:58 PM   
Marc von Martial

Try browsing the your CD Drive via "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" and start the setup file manualy.

What kind of backup CDs?

Are you running Virus Scanners in the background?

(in reply to Sir Walter)
Post #: 2
RE: Disk do not work - 7/26/2004 11:13:45 PM   
dean

I have the same problem with War in the Pacific. The download did not work so I figured I would simply install the CD when it came. I enter the serial number when it says to do so and the serial ID comes back as invalid!!

this is simply unacceptable. particularly given what they are charging for the game.

(in reply to Sir Walter)
Post #: 3
RE: Disk do not work - 7/26/2004 11:43:10 PM   
Sir Walter

One disk which does not work is Mega Campaign Desert Fox. I purchased steel panthers at war general edition and it does work with it. Does anyone known where I can get the version of steel panthers it works with. I will try this one disk at this time and go from there if any one can help. Walter kolopajl

(in reply to Sir Walter)
Post #: 4
RE: Disk do not work - 7/27/2004 12:07:47 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: dean

I have the same problem with War in the Pacific. The download did not work so I figured I would simply install the CD when it came. I enter the serial number when it says to do so and the serial ID comes back as invalid!!

this is simply unacceptable. particularly given what they are charging for the game.

Please drop us an email to support@matrixgames.com. We will need your order number and the "invalid" serial number too.

(in reply to dean)
Post #: 5
RE: Disk do not work - 7/27/2004 12:10:05 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: walter kolopajl

One disk which does not work is Mega Campaign Desert Fox. I purchased steel panthers at war general edition and it does work with it. Does anyone known where I can get the version of steel panthers it works with. I will try this one disk at this time and go from there if any one can help. Walter kolopajl

Hmm, sorry I have to ask again, but I dont really follow you.

You say you have purchased Magacampaing Desert fox and additionally SPWAW Generals Edition? The SPWAW Generals Edition contains all Megacampaings and automatically installs them too. There´s no need to additionally install MC Desert Fox.

Sorry if I misunderstand you.

(in reply to Sir Walter)
Post #: 6
RE: Disk do not work - 7/27/2004 1:18:04 AM   
Sir Walter

Dear Sir, I did what you suggested and went to my computer. It worked. Thats when I discovered that I do not need the cd I purchased as they are included in the latest steelpanthers which I just purchased. I do not mean to dog on this company but it is extremely customer unfriendly. Each time I have had to go back to find the e-mail which confirmed my purchase to get the serial number. The disk I purchased have only an order no. on it. no invoice included. Also the ad for sp general edition does not say which campaigns are included. that would have saved me a great deal of money. I purchased both Mega Camp and Desert Fox thank you Walter kolopajl

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Disk do not work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI