Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 5:38:03 AM   
ycwang

Chiang Kai-Shek (BTW, misspelled in the game, not "Chek") has ratings of leadership 16 & inspiration 13. This is totally way out of line. Even though he may not be liked by many westerners, Chiang did win the civil war in China prior to WW2, which made him from a warlord to a national leader. He also led China to fight Japan since 1937 without the intervention of the U.S. until Pearl Harbor. His strategy to deal with the Japanese, mainly to "trade space for time," had also been proved a successful one. He might not be liked by the Communists, but he inspired many Chinese people to fight Japan during WW2. Chiang may not be the smartest general, but whoever gave him such low ratings were obviously biased.
Post #: 1
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:19:09 AM   
Bandkanon

quote:

ORIGINAL: ycwang

Chiang Kai-Shek (BTW, misspelled in the game, not "Chek") has ratings of leadership 16 & inspiration 13. This is totally way out of line. Even though he may not be liked by many westerners, Chiang did win the civil war in China prior to WW2, which made him from a warlord to a national leader. He also led China to fight Japan since 1937 without the intervention of the U.S. until Pearl Harbor. His strategy to deal with the Japanese, mainly to "trade space for time," had also been proved a successful one. He might not be liked by the Communists, but he inspired many Chinese people to fight Japan during WW2. Chiang may not be the smartest general, but whoever gave him such low ratings were obviously biased.

ahahahahaha

what crack are hyou smoking!!! You must have been brainwashed by that KMT bullshit history...hahaha Chiang inspired the Chinese to fight...HAHAHAHA...all he did was sit around and get kicked around and fight the Communists...after the Xian Incident he still sat on his ass and and did crap to fight the Japanese. After the Americans came into the war all he did was request for equipment and hoard them to fight the communists later. The only real offensive takn by the KMT during thw war was in Burma and that was still a half assed attempt. Chiang was nothing but a hack. And on top of that he's a gangster with the Green Gang and he even extorted protection money from his own wife's family. It sucks that Dr. Sun Yat Sen's ideals of a united democratic China went down the toilet with Chiang.

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 2
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:43:20 AM   
Lemurs!

Um, everything you said is besides the point and rude. No matter what Chiang's character was, that has no effect on his abilities.

He was certainly no great general but i would probably rate him higher than Percival or even Wavell.

Mike

(in reply to Bandkanon)
Post #: 3
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:46:55 AM   
kaleun

quote:

Um, everything you said is besides the point and rude. No matter what Chiang's character was, that has no effect on his abilities.

He was certainly no great general but i would probably rate him higher than Percival or even Wavell.

Mike

Concur

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Lemurs!)
Post #: 4
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:48:47 AM   
Bandkanon

ok fine. Still CHiang was not a general in the operational sense. He was a political man first and foremost. His charisma got him to the topo but no way was he a military man.

(in reply to Lemurs!)
Post #: 5
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 3:45:32 PM   
ycwang

Because Chiang was such a controversial person in the Chinese history, no wonder some people would not want to discuss this topic with a rational manner.

My point is: even though he was not a great general, he was still not THAT bad at the operational level. He was graduated from, or at least stuided in, a Japanese military school. He beat all the warlords and won the civil war in China prior to WW2. Even though the Communists didn't like him, the KMT military and a major portion of Chinese people were still inspired by him to fight the Japanese "during" the WW2. The fact that he was defeated by the Communists after WW2 had nothing to do with the ratings in this game because his loss was not due to bad military strategies. So at the operational level, he should not be ranked as the worst geneal of all in the game. I repeat, whoever gave him such ratings is obviously biased.

BTW, where do the ratings of a leader, either in the army, navy or air force, come from? I really wonder how the WitP people made their decisions about most of the less known military leaders in this game.

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/14/2004 9:49:32 PM >

(in reply to Bandkanon)
Post #: 6
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 3:46:18 PM   
ycwang

sorry, bad editing!

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/14/2004 9:47:25 PM >

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 7
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 3:54:23 PM   
MengCiao

quote:

ORIGINAL: ycwang

Because Chiang was such a controversial person in the Chinese history, no wonder some people would not want to discuss this topic with a rational manner.

My point is: even though he was not a great general, he was still not THAT bad at the operational level. He was graduated from, or at least stuided in, a Japanese military school. He beat all the warlords and won the civil war in China prior to WW2. Even though the Communists didn't like him, the KMT military and a major portion of Chinese people were still inspired by him to fight the Japanese "during" the WW2. The fact that he was defeated by the Communists after WW2 had nothing to do with the ratings in this game because his loss was not due to bad military strategies. So at the operational level, he should not be ranked as the worst geneal of all in the game. I repeat, whoever gave him such ratings is obviously biased.

BTW, where do the ratings of a leader, either in the army, navy or air force, come from? I really wonder how the WitP people made their decisions about most of the less known military leaders in this game.

In game terms, CKS is supposed to be a big problem, as he was historically for the allies. Most allied commanders who worked with him found him worse than useless and
at least his ratings aren't negative....so perhaps that's a plus.

I don't think ratings necessarily reflect a person's mental abilities so much as their actual contributions to their side's war effort. Again,
at least CKS is in positive territory, which is something of a miracle.

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 8
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 4:40:12 PM   
timtom

Knowing virtually nothing about the war in China won't stop me from commenting: It seems to me that the KMT strategy was spot on. Japan is doomed no matter what the Chinese do. No point in undermining you own post-war position just to speed up the inevitable defeat of Japan. Let the Amricans fight the Japanese, sucker them for as much material as material as possible, and take the long view of things.

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to MengCiao)
Post #: 9
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 4:49:00 PM   
MengCiao

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom

Knowing virtually nothing about the war in China won't stop me from commenting: It seems to me that the KMT strategy was spot on. Japan is doomed no matter what the Chinese do. No point in undermining you own post-war position just to speed up the inevitable defeat of Japan. Let the Amricans fight the Japanese, sucker them for as much material as material as possible, and take the long view of things.

If the KMT strategy was spot on, it is odd that they were driven out of China within 4 years of the end of the war. It seems more reasonable to see them as short-sighted opportunists led by a perfectly professional stuffed shirt whose lucrative business it was to annoy his allies and stay out of the way of his enemies.
Again, it seems miraculous to me that CKS has non-negative ratings.

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 10
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 4:59:25 PM   
PJJ

It's true that CKS was no Napoleon, but I too think that his ratings are a bit too low. Maybe they should be around 20-30, 'cause I don't think he war WORSE than Gen. Percival, the Worst British General Ever.

Mao has much higher ratings, as he should have - though he mostly specialized in guerrilla warfare, unlike CKS who was a more traditional commander.

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870

(in reply to MengCiao)
Post #: 11
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 5:39:31 PM   
ycwang

quote:

ORIGINAL: MengCiao

If the KMT strategy was spot on, it is odd that they were driven out of China within 4 years of the end of the war. It seems more reasonable to see them as short-sighted opportunists led by a perfectly professional stuffed shirt whose lucrative business it was to annoy his allies and stay out of the way of his enemies.

Well, Chiang was not driven out of China, he and the KMT government retreated to Chungking, which is still part of the Chinese territory. That he won the civil war prior to WW2 was a proof that he could fight at the operational level. There is no way that his ratings are so low, compared to other generals.

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/14/2004 11:48:32 PM >

(in reply to MengCiao)
Post #: 12
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 6:52:35 PM   
kaleun

quote:

Well, Chiang was not driven out of China, he and the KMT government retreated to Chungking, which is still part of the Chinese territory. That he won the civil war prior to WW2 was a proof that he could fight at the operational level. There is no way that his ratings are so low, compared to other generals.

He did predict that "The japanese were an infection that would heal, the Communists are a cancer" He saw the Communists as the real threat, and IMHO he was right.
Now his ratings should reflect his activities during the war, so they are probably right on.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 13
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:15:24 PM   
MengCiao

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

quote:

He did predict that "The japanese were an infection that would heal, the Communists are a cancer" He saw the Communists as the real threat, and IMHO he was right.
Now his ratings should reflect his activities during the war, so they are probably right on.

Right, since CKS obviously was not particularly interested in fighting the Japanese and the game is about fighting the Japanese, it is reasonable that his ratings in this game should be lower than those of anyone who had any interest in fighting the Japanese -- even those of any infinitely incompetent Britiish Officer. Even more so since he was right about the Japanese and the Communists.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 14
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:38:49 PM   
mavraam

quote:

Even though he may not be liked by many westerners

I'm confused by that. Didn't he fight for a democratic china against communism? Why wouldn't westerners like him?

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 15
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:47:15 PM   
kaleun

quote:

I'm confused by that. Didn't he fight for a democratic china against communism? Why wouldn't westerners like him?

The communists (Stalin, Mao) were the west's allies in this war!

"I am not a communist, but if Hitler invaded Hell, I would make a good representation for the Devil in the House of Commons" Winston Churchill.

PS: Mao's China was and is not democratic. Chang's was not, but is now.

< Message edited by kaleun -- 7/14/2004 4:47:56 PM >

Sun Tzu

(in reply to mavraam)
Post #: 16
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:57:33 PM   
MengCiao

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

quote:

The communists (Stalin, Mao) were the west's allies in this war!

"I am not a communist, but if Hitler invaded Hell, I would make a good representation for the Devil in the House of Commons" Winston Churchill.

PS: Mao's China was and is not democratic. Chang's was not, but is now.

And hence CK-S's ratings: he is more interested in attacking his Allies than his enemies. It's a miracle his ratings are not negative.

< Message edited by MengCiao -- 7/14/2004 6:24:06 PM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 17
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 7:59:09 PM   
Lemurs!

Chiang was never Democratic at all; he was just the strongest warlord. Sun-yat Sen was probably China's best hope.

Mao and the Communists may not have been perfect but they genuinely cared about the people. The KMT never gave a damn.
Now, Deng Xiaoping was a murderous pig.
And Taiwan is only a little more democratic than China.

Mike

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 18
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 8:07:57 PM   
kaleun

quote:

They do have elections and political parties

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Lemurs!)
Post #: 19
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 8:16:45 PM   
freeboy

I was surprised that anyone would defend Chang.. he is report to have divertad vast amounts of aid to himself an aids via eye witnesses... it would be too hard to make two seperate chinas... and if your going to be that anal we would need ijn and ija restrictions on cooperation which do not exist...

< Message edited by freeboy -- 7/15/2004 2:17:20 AM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 20
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 8:52:52 PM   
kaleun

Not really defending Chiang, I agree he was just a warlord.
I also read that, in Burma he offered Wavell 2 divisions to help out, but was told to only send one, because the Chinese operated without a supply chain, (since theydidn't have any, [and maybe Chiang was keeping it to himself]) they lived of the land.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 21
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/14/2004 8:54:40 PM   
freeboy

comment really was directed at ycwang... so wheres my turn already?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 22
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/15/2004 9:46:04 AM   
ycwang

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

comment really was directed at ycwang... so wheres my turn already?

I was not defending Chiang's characters, but arguing that his ratings in this game are too low. Some of you guys don't like him because he and his KMT government was corrupted, but it has nothing to do with the game.

I find it ironic that I need to defend a person that I have disguised for a long time simply because some people here would not objectively discuss this matter based on facts that are related to this game. Can anyone honestly believe that CKS is worse at the operational level than any other generals in this game, including those random-figure, nobody-knows-who-he-is ones?

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/15/2004 4:04:22 PM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 23
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/15/2004 9:57:22 AM   
ycwang

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemurs!

Mike

Though this is really off topic, I believe that I know more than you do about it, and I disagree with your description "only a little". I would agree with you if you are willing to delete those three words.

If you want to take issues with me, you need to know that you are arguing with a law professor who got his doctorate degree in the U.S. I hate to say this, but saying that democracy in Taiwan is only a little better than China sounds quite like an insult to me.

BTW, Sun Yat-Sen's political theories are in part anti-democracy, if you have any idea about what he said. If we people in Taiwan follow his theories, we have no hope for true democracy.

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/15/2004 4:45:56 PM >

(in reply to Lemurs!)
Post #: 24
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/15/2004 12:52:16 PM   
pyaeen

Although I agree with you about the ability of CKS, other guys respond negatively I think just bcs they don't know much about Chinese history in 30-50, or may be they accept other point of view of WW2 like Buma campaign.
But I know this really off topic too.
1.Law Professor means nothing here for gorgnard
2.Taiwan has trun democracy now? What a good president election show we had seen.
4. It seems you come from Taiwan and should learn Sun Yat-Sen's theories when you were as boy in Taiwan. But do you have deep research on that?

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 25
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/16/2004 12:54:06 AM   
Jim D Burns

I agree with you that his ratings are probably too low, but the problem lies with trying to simulate the ineffectiveness of the KMT during WWII. They were basically unable to launch any kind of cooperative operation of significance in China proper and Chiang interfered with Stillwell’s planned defense in Burma to the point that an entire division pulled up and redeployed on the eve of battle without telling Stillwell because Chiang feared losing the unit more than losing Burma (not a sign of a very committed ally).

The game does not simulate these problems at all, so the only choice is to make the Chinese army totally ineffectual. A better solution might be to make the Chinese units more capable combat wise, but prevent them from moving more than a hex or two from their home provinces. Currently China can be pushed back in just a few months due to the ineffective combat ratings; historically they defended themselves relatively ok, but couldn't launch any kind of decent assaults.

Jim

Here's a good read for a general overview of some of the difficulties the allies faced in China:

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/72-38/72-38.htm

Jim

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 26
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/16/2004 3:40:22 AM   
ycwang

quote:

ORIGINAL: pyaeen

Although I agree with you about the ability of CKS, other guys respond negatively I think just bcs they don't know much about Chinese history in 30-50, or may be they accept other point of view of WW2 like Buma campaign.
But I know this really off topic too.
1.Law Professor means nothing here for gorgnard
2.Taiwan has trun democracy now? What a good president election show we had seen.
4. It seems you come from Taiwan and should learn Sun Yat-Sen's theories when you were as boy in Taiwan. But do you have deep research on that?

Thank you for your comment. It's always a pleasure to have an intellectual dialogue with someone who knows.

As for your off-topic comments:
1. I agree with you that law professorship means nothing when we are talking about war. But if democracy is at issue, then my expertise means something.

2. The recent presidential election in Taiwan was only a more dramatized version of the 2000 Gore-Bush show. Even I was amazed, too. If you are talking about the bullet, nobody has proved anything yet. Don't forget that even though we saw what happened about J.F.K. or Richard Nixon, nobody denies that the U.S. is still a true democratic country. Not to mention that democracy in Taiwan is still in its infancy. However, I didn't say that Taiwan has already reached the same level of democracy as the U.S. Nevertheless, saying that democracy in Taiwan is only a little better than China still sounds like insult to the Taiwanese people who fight for and believe in democracy. If Taiwan is only a little bit better than China, you would see the KMT still be the ruling party instead of being thrown out of power through election in 2000 and again in 2004.

4. As long as you teach contitutional law in Taiwan, you need to pay extra attentions to what Sun Yat-Sen was talking about. However, Sun's theories were still considered "modern" for China when he promoted them in the early 20th century. However, it would be a disaster to design a democratic government based on his theories, and we have already seen that in the current Taiwanese constitutional structure. Nonetheless, Sun still deserves respect for what he did historically.

BTW, I will stop commenting on why I think CKS is rated too low because I think I've already made my points clear. All above comments on my opinions are really appreciated.

< Message edited by ycwang -- 7/16/2004 10:39:51 AM >

(in reply to pyaeen)
Post #: 27
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/16/2004 6:56:12 AM   
Bandkanon

I apologize for my earleir rudeness. I was, however, very surprised trying to make the point for higher numbers for Chiang. I don't understand why you think Chiang won the civil in China prior to the invasion of the Japanese. It was Chiang's arrogance in the first place when he kicked the Communits out of the KMT during the Northern Invasion of 1925 in Shanghai. For the next decade Chiang chased the CCP all over China but was never fully able to eradicate them. It was only through a German advisor and his blockhouse strategy of containment then eradication, which itself was very much like how the Ching's Han banners destroyed the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom almost a century earlier. Just because Chiang went to a Japanese military school does not mean he is even capable of military operations. Chiang was also the commandant of Whampoa Military Academy, and from the stories of my grandfather, who was a graduate of the 17th Class, Chiang wasn't all that great of a military man. His strategy of staying put is sound but immoral in my opinion. But morality oftentimes do not matter in war. He could have fought harder against the Japanese, especially in 1931 in Shanghai, and the subsequent invasion in 1937. KMT troops were fighting hard on and providing much resistance to the IJA in Shanghai and needed supplies and reinforcements. Chiang misjudged and decided to pull back thereby forfeiting the defense. The retreat thus turned into a rout. The KMT troops who fought the IJA were mediocre and definitely not Chiang's best, but they put up enough resistance to frustrate the IJA enough to perpetrate one of the worst massacres in human history at Nanjing. If only Chiang was willing to inspire his troops to fight, but he didn't.

Chiang only became the leader of China because he was able to politically herd the warlords into place, either through the threat of force or by just buying them into the KMT, and it was often the latter tactic he used. He was never a good planner of military operations and when he did it always sucked. Another example of his ineptitude was the Battle of BeiHai in northern China in 1948. The KMT had the best the US could offer: artillery, tanks, and planes. But what did they do? They just sat on their asses and waited for the CCP to encircle them and build layers and layers of trenches until the armor was completely useless. The result: the complete collapse of the KMT in northern China and then the retreat back to Taiwan. What I just said is true. My grandfather was there fighting for the KMT as a LT. general. He escaped the encirclement only because he was freed by his captors, who were also Whampoa graduates after he turned down to offer to turn coat. But this battle just shows the ineptitude of Chiang as the leader since he is the one who has to take responsibility for his command decisions.

By the way, why does Taiwan follow the Japanese way of teaching law to 4 year undergrads? How come there aren't any law schools like the states? I interned with Lee and Li for a while and I am sorry to say I was not very impressed wth the thinking of undergrad law students in Taiwan. It seems that they are taught law but never the reasons as to why the laws exist in the first place.

(in reply to ycwang)
Post #: 28
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/16/2004 7:00:23 AM   
Bandkanon

Sorry for the horrible typos and disjointed sentences. My excuses are I'm tired and this isn't an academic paper or business report.

(in reply to Bandkanon)
Post #: 29
RE: Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek - 7/16/2004 9:58:31 AM   
ycwang

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bandkanon

I apologize for my earleir rudeness. I was, however, very surprised trying to make the point for higher numbers for Chiang. I don't understand why you think Chiang won the civil in China prior to the invasion of the Japanese. It was Chiang's arrogance in the first place when he kicked the Communits out of the KMT during the Northern Invasion of 1925 in Shanghai. For the next decade Chiang chased the CCP all over China but was never fully able to eradicate them. It was only through a German advisor and his blockhouse strategy of containment then eradication, which itself was very much like how the Ching's Han banners destroyed the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom almost a century earlier. Just because Chiang went to a Japanese military school does not mean he is even capable of military operations. Chiang was also the commandant of Whampoa Military Academy, and from the stories of my grandfather, who was a graduate of the 17th Class, Chiang wasn't all that great of a military man. His strategy of staying put is sound but immoral in my opinion. But morality oftentimes do not matter in war. He could have fought harder against the Japanese, especially in 1931 in Shanghai, and the subsequent invasion in 1937. KMT troops were fighting hard on and providing much resistance to the IJA in Shanghai and needed supplies and reinforcements. Chiang misjudged and decided to pull back thereby forfeiting the defense. The retreat thus turned into a rout. The KMT troops who fought the IJA were mediocre and definitely not Chiang's best, but they put up enough resistance to frustrate the IJA enough to perpetrate one of the worst massacres in human history at Nanjing. If only Chiang was willing to inspire his troops to fight, but he didn't.

Chiang only became the leader of China because he was able to politically herd the warlords into place, either through the threat of force or by just buying them into the KMT, and it was often the latter tactic he used. He was never a good planner of military operations and when he did it always sucked. Another example of his ineptitude was the Battle of BeiHai in northern China in 1948. The KMT had the best the US could offer: artillery, tanks, and planes. But what did they do? They just sat on their asses and waited for the CCP to encircle them and build layers and layers of trenches until the armor was completely useless. The result: the complete collapse of the KMT in northern China and then the retreat back to Taiwan. What I just said is true. My grandfather was there fighting for the KMT as a LT. general. He escaped the encirclement only because he was freed by his captors, who were also Whampoa graduates after he turned down to offer to turn coat. But this battle just shows the ineptitude of Chiang as the leader since he is the one who has to take responsibility for his command decisions.

By the way, why does Taiwan follow the Japanese way of teaching law to 4 year undergrads? How come there aren't any law schools like the states? I interned with Lee and Li for a while and I am sorry to say I was not very impressed wth the thinking of undergrad law students in Taiwan. It seems that they are taught law but never the reasons as to why the laws exist in the first place.

Your comment this time is indeed very informative and has more significant substance. Please don't forget that I only argued CKS should not be the worst general of all in this game.

Referring to your off-topic question: A simplified version of the reason why Japan had and Taiwan now still has undergraduate legal education is that we both considered ourselves countries of "Civil Law system", as opposed to the Common Law system. Therefore, basically both Japan and Taiwan, to some extent, cloned the German legal system and its undergraduate legal education. However, Japan has changed their legal education system since (I believe) this year and switched to graduate legal education similar to what has been done in American law schools. We have some similar discussions here in Taiwan in the legal education circle. I do agree with you that many undergraduate students are not mature enough to meet the chanlleges in the legal education. I personally also favor a migration to graduate level of legal education.

(in reply to Bandkanon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ratings of Chiang Kai-Shek Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI