Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUGS!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> BUGS! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUGS! - 1/25/2002 12:59:00 PM   
Big T

Yes I know that it is a hated word in these forums, but I used to be a QA Engineer at a couple of game companies and I know what a "bug" is. (I even worked a bit with David Heath, when he was with thegamers.net, tho I doubt he remembers me. I was the other web guy with Rodney H.) Both of these examples are recreatable and I have done so many times b4 I posted this. Anyway!, let me clarify the set up and situation. I encountered these in the 1st battle of the MCDF mega camp, I chose the battle to attack the supply train.
I am running windows XP Pro, and SP:WAW is version 6.1. If these have been fixed with v7 or v7.1 then my apologies, but better safe then sorry I guess. First one is, after saving, by exiting and having it autosave for you, when you return to the game, all your units have their full movement points again. (unless they are imobilized). This is a bug that can be abused quite easily. 2nd one is in regards to the drop to desktop that I posted about earlier. Before I said that it seemed to be random. But I played around with it a little more and made it happen almost every time I tried, by going in and out of the encyclopedia. All I know is that it is **somehow** related to the sounds/music. And when I turned off the option for the soundtrack, the crashes stopped. FYI, I'm running a SBLive! Value with the latest drivers for XP from creative. And the install of the game was done from the MCDF disc so I'm assuming that it installed the hi quality sounds. Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything you are confused about.

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)
Post #: 1
- 1/26/2002 2:06:00 AM   
Big T

What? no comments or anything? With a title like this?

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 2
- 1/26/2002 2:28:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hi.
Well, perhaps the forum's gurus have not seen this post yet? Blind if you close your bugs... sorry, eyes...

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 3
- 1/26/2002 2:32:00 AM   
Warrior

No one is responding because these issues have been addressed in earlier topics. Where were you?

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 4
- 1/26/2002 2:36:00 AM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
No one is responding because these issues have been addressed in earlier topics. Where were you?
I was playing, of course... and you?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 5
- 1/26/2002 3:00:00 AM   
Big T

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
Good! I had a hunch but wasn't sure. Since I don't have a photographic memory I don't remember the EXACT post. And since the search function is DISABLED I couldn't look for it in the archives. I assume you remember the post? Would you be so kind as to refer me to it?

-T

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> BUGS! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI