Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LV & Beta 7.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV & Beta 7.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LV & Beta 7.1 - 1/27/2002 7:24:00 AM   
Bing

Just d/l'd the Beta 7.1 Zip file - does this include the fix for the LV problem with "sync"? Thanks, Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post #: 1
- 1/27/2002 7:49:00 AM   
kkb66

Bing,
If it's the beta patch from Paul...yes. It fixed the problem I was having with the sync errors.
There is still a tendency for the game to revert back to the mainscreen from time to time (usually when I'm winning a battle)...hope that one is taken care of in a later patch.

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 2
- 1/27/2002 8:02:00 AM   
Bing

Thanks, kkb66 - does your startup screen still read "Version 7.0"? I've got the new mech.exe in there and I start from the mech.exe, it has to be running the new one doesn't it? Re crashing to desktop, do you have and use Cacheman? This little honey of a utility has helped a lot of us. Right now if I had to give up every utility except one, Cacheman is the one I would keep. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 3
- 1/27/2002 8:04:00 AM   
Bing

Come to think of it, I don't know if this is the one from Paul or not. I got it from Fabio's website, it just says Beta 7.1 zip and that I have to agree to notify Paul of bugs if I use it. I'm assuming this is the patch we've all been talking about, but maybe not?? Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 4
- 1/27/2002 8:32:00 AM   
kkb66

Bing,
My startup now reads v7.1. It changed the next time I started the game after exploding the download file that Paul e-mailed to me.
I did alert Paul, in a different thread, that it had cured the sync problems...but now the game seems to "cut out" more than it did before. I'm running a P4 1.7Ghz machine with 512 RAM and a 64MB Voodoo 5 card...and a program called FREERAM that helps refresh RAM status...it has helped on games like EAW and Nascar4...which is a resource hog when set on high resolution and top graphic settings...so I don't think the crashes are system related. ( of course with PC's, you never can be sure )
I believe I saw a couple other posts that mentioned a increase in crashes with the patch..but at least it only happens once in awhile...not like the sync error. So I'm still happier with it than I was when the sync errors were running amuck.
Thanks for your input on the utilities that are out there...have to look into those.

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 5
- 1/27/2002 9:37:00 PM   
Bing

You don't say what your OS is. If it is Win98 (either version) I have some interesting info regarding vxd drivers, which seems to help Win98 users quite a lot. If you would like a copy of the (small) text file, e-mail me at: binglesh@core.com As to the busines of the Fabio download of "Beta 76.1 zip" - I guess Paul is enjoying a well deserved weekend off. I'll wait on it, I haven't played 7.1 enough to comment just yet. And MCLV ought to be on my doorstep tomorrow morning, so we'll see if the dreaded "sync" problem rears its ugly head. Weapons free. Fire at will, men ... Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV & Beta 7.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI