Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

July 1940 Japan invades China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> July 1940 Japan invades China Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/18/2004 3:32:24 PM   
robot

China Front: 1000 Hours 7/17/1940

We have been sent to China to help in the defeat of the warmongers. We have put up too long with the insults and aggresive behavior of the Chinese. We are honered to have been selected to represent our glourious Emperor in such a great cause.

We are to assault the Chinese lines with three companies of the finest light infantry in the world. Two companies have been set up in the north section. They are to proceed west along two roads that run almost straight thru the 2 north objectives. The Engineers are out in front and will clear a 150 yard wide path thru the mine fields.

Another company commanded by Ogata a very skillful leader is in the south sector. He will cut across country and proceed to the 2 rear objectives. He has the longest area to cover and must cut a path thru the mine fields we are sure has been set up in his path. Hopefully the 2 prong attack will be successful. It depends a lot on the north being able to draw the enemy away from the south.

Our 150s opened up at 1000 hours and the north began to move at 1005 towards the enemys lines. The south will not start there march until 10 minutes later.

Commander XI Imperial Light Army: Col Chei Nomora

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/20/2004 1:43:56 PM   
robot

China Front: 1025 Hours 7/17/1940

North group of 2 companies has reached the mine fields. They are hard at work clearing a path for our men. Have come under a lot of small arms fire from the enemy. Our 150 and 81 are trying to dislodge the enemy from there fox holes. We are laying down a smoke screen with our 75s. We are coming under a lot of bombbarddment from 75 and 60 MM cannon. Have lost a couple of trucks while trying to move up our infantry guns.

The 150 on call artty has been plastering the hill tops over looking the mine field. Seems to be landing on some kind of bunkers from the sound of it.

The south flank has opened a 50 yard wide hole in the mine field. They are now trying to widen this hole. Begining to move some scouts thru the gap infantry will follow. Some small arm fire from the other side. More irritating then harmful so far.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/21/2004 4:36:19 PM   
robot

China Front: 1100 Hours 7/17/1940

Ogata in the south has 3 plattoons thru the wire and has advanced 100 yards so far. Meeting lite resistence from the enemy. Very few casualties to our side as they advanced thru the mine field. Engineers continue to widen the gap to allow more of our troops thru at a time. If they can take the small range of hills 200 yards to there front it should be smooth going from there to the rear.

Kubayashi in the north has made good progress as well. His troops are thru the mine field and have made about 50 yards so far. They are begining to spread out in a 3 plattoon front. He is meeting heavier resistence then the south. But they are engaging the enemy and pushing them back. He has the shortest distance to cover to reach his objective. They are within 300 yards of the VH.

The center commanded by Kawaguchi has not faired as well. First of all the engineers came under very heavy fire. This made it hard for them to open up any kind of gap in the mines. They now have a 100 yard wide path open and our scouts and infantry are starting to move thru. They are at least 700 yards from there objective. This sits at the bottom of a mountain which they will be under fire from as they approach. We have had 2 batteries of 150 laying there rounds all over this mountain for the last half hour or so. Our 150 mortars have been plastering the intervening ground between the mine field and the heights as well. I have had reports that we knocked out a bunker near the foothills about 15 minutes ago from this bombardment.

We lost a light tank to there guns a few minutes ago. I will write a letter to ther folks tonite after this battle is over. I hate to say it but i will be up most of the nite writing letters i fear after this battle. It has not really begun the hard part is yet to come.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/23/2004 4:31:49 PM   
robot

China Front: 1115 Hours 7/17/1940

The north and center is within 50 yards of both there objectives. They have been dealing death to the enemy as they push forward. Had to hold up for the last 5 minutes so the engineers can move up to the front.The north has reached the bunker that was knocked out by our 150s. It has a sister bunker tho which is holding up movement. Two squads has it flanked and have tried to take it out with no success so far. Will leave for engineers to take out so will bypass for now.

The center has reached 2 concrete pill boxes directly in there path. Will hold for a bit while engineers come up. They will have a flame tank with them which should be able to roast the boxes rather well. Kawaguchi in the center has been pushing his men pertty hard from the start. Wont hurt if they take a pause and wait for the engineers to do there job. Only about 100 yards for them to reach the VH any ways.

The south is progressing but not as well as expected. There were more of the enemy dug in here then was thought. We are pushing hard on them but movement is slower then hoped. They have a very long way to reach the rear objectives. Still have maybe 150 yards to reach the hills they have to cross to get to where they are going.

From the body count i have been recieving from the front, we have taken out at least 2 and a half companies so far. Other then the four bunkers we have located nothing we have faced has given too big of a problem. No tanks are heavy guns like anti tank or infantry guns have been sighted.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/24/2004 3:26:33 PM   
robot

China Front: 1140 Hours 7/17/1940

Ogata in the south has got his men moving again. They have pushed the Chinese up and over the other side of the hill. The top has been taken and they are well entrenched on the western crest. His men can now see down into the valley and the approach to the rear VH. As soon as i can get my guns moved up on the hill to cover there advance they will be moving again.

The north and center has made good progress in the last half hour. Both VH are in our hands. The engineers took out the bunker in the north. When the engineers got up to the two in the center. They found a third there to take out. Flame tank got the center one and the engineers finished off the other two on each flank. They have takin the hills that sit east of a valley all along the front. Have begun there decent into this valley about 10 minutes ago.

As the center came over the top a bunker opened up on them. Smoked the whole area around the bunker in case there may be more then one there. Have begun to move the engineers up to take out this new threat.

The men have again outperformed there selves today. I would recommend several promotions for them. We have faced over whelming odds today and delt with it out standingly. These men are becoming die hard veterens. After all we delt with Mother Russia in 1939 and did very well against them. I hope this war will be over soon we are almost to the end of our second year.

Dam where did all these Chinese come from. Didnt know there were this many in the whole world. I dont see how they get any work done what with all the propagating going on.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/25/2004 4:08:17 PM   
robot

China Front: 1210 Hours 7/17/1940

We are in a world of trouble with our advance all across the map. Sitting about 400 yards in front of the 2 rear objectives is a line of forts and bunkers. There is at least 13 of them spaced out across a 1200 yard front. They have been getting smoked for the last 10 minutes or so. Our troops and tanks have closed with them in several spots along our front. Several sections of engineers has also reached the bunkers in different spots along the line.

The tanks and also the line infantry have taken out three so far. The engineers has managed to get some satchel charges and a flame tank on 2 of them. They were sent to hell 5 minutes ago. The north and center still has at least 5 more to deal with. Two of the bunkers have had satchel charges throwed at them with no apparent damage.

The south flank has not been as lucky. They have not been able to get close enough to do any damage. The bunkers here are backed up by a couple of heavy guns which we have not been able to locate. Scouts are out and the ground pounders are bypassing the 3 bunkers here. They are trying to get a good spot to be able to take out the guns before i move up the engineers and tanks on to the bunkers.

Have been bombarding the suspected area of the ground and surrounding terrain. Have not had any luck there either so far. The Chinese are in complete retreat and this battle will soon be over. We will have victory for our glorious Emperor before the day is out.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/26/2004 3:30:46 PM   
robot

China Front: 1245 Hours 7/17/1940

The field is ours the Chinese have all but for a few been destroyed. We had a lot of bunkers to take out. If i have a correct count there were 13 of them most sitting about 400 yards in a blocking line from the rear 2 objectives. We took out every one of them thanks to the team work of our men. They were ferocious in there assault up on these wood and concrete forteress.

Our losses were a lot less then I expected. We lost 115 brave men while inflicting 2153 casualties to the Chinese. Only 4 tanks and 1 truck was lost by us and we only found 2 of there tanks. There biggest loss was in the guns we destroyed a total of 43 burning hulks were counted. That had to put a dent in there hardware id say. Right at the last of the battle we came up on a artty park had 8 guns sitting there. Our men tore into tham with a zeal I hadnt seen in them before. I guess they were really pissed off about being shelled by them steadilly for the last 2 hours.

Couple of promotions I would like to bring up right here. Sgt Sekis squad stumbled up on one of the tanks. The first burst from the tank killed 2 men and wounded Sgt Seki. Without no regard for his life he rallyed his men and assaulted the tank any ways. They took out the tank in the process lost another man dead and one more wounded. I would say a promotion for the Sgt. and medals for all his men in the squad would be the right thing to do.

2nd LT Negesi leading the third plattoon of the 2nd company took on 2 bunkers side by side. In a direct frontal assault under heavy fire they took both of them out. All of his men under his direction showed courage in the highest order today. They had 9 men killed and 5 wounded while continuing there assault on the 2 bunkers. With determination I have seen in a very few men they never gave up till the enemy was blasted to hell. A promotion for Negesi and medals for all his men are in order.

We have been given orders to refit and resupply and rest and relax. We will for now be an occupation force. This will give us some time to heal and maybe get to meet some of the local ladies around us.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 7
RE: July 1940 Japan invades China - 11/28/2004 8:15:37 AM   
M4Jess

Robot!

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> July 1940 Japan invades China Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI