Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who fought with us

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Who fought with us Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who fought with us - 8/16/2004 4:21:54 PM   
robot

Have a question or two about our allies.

Did the Aussies fight in Africa and the desert with us. Or were they only involved in the Eastern part of the world. Such as Burma and the Pacific.

I know Canada was in Europe and the desert. Did they also fight in Asia and the pacific.

I know India fought in the desert and Burma. But dont think they were in Europe.

The Turks fought where in what theaters of war. They were in Korea with us. But did they also fight outside of Europe during WWII.

Also did the Filipinos only fight in the Phillipines are did they also fight in other sectors. The same goes for the New Zealinders.

< Message edited by robot -- 8/16/2004 9:25:10 AM >

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: Who fought with us - 8/16/2004 4:39:55 PM   
Fidel_Helms

The Australians were definitely in North Africa, as was New Zealand. I believe that Canadian troops were present when the Japanese took Singapore.

Turkey was not involved in WWII.

As far as I know, the Filipinos only fought in the Pacific. For that matter, I believe they only fought in the Philippines. The Philippine Army was pretty awful.

Little-known trivia:

Brazil sent a division sized expeditionary force which fought under American command in Italy.

Mexico sent a fighter-bomber squadron which fought in the Pacific.

< Message edited by Fidel_Helms -- 8/16/2004 9:41:30 AM >

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: Who fought with us - 8/16/2004 5:10:43 PM   
Belisarius

Australia and New Zealand fought with honor in North Africa. Rommel was extremely impressed by the Aussies when he passed column of captured allies. He said if he'd only had a few of them on his side...

Got StuG?

(in reply to Fidel_Helms)
Post #: 3
RE: Who fought with us - 8/16/2004 8:43:10 PM   
robot

Ok as the British come into the war in the long campaign in 1940. I will make up 3 companys of Brits. When they move to north Africa i will change 1 company to New Zeilanders. And maybe 1 company of Canadians just for the variety.

As america in the long campaign doesnt enter into the war until late 41 or early 42 i will give them 1 company of Aussies. Thats in North Africa tho. I use the army in Europe and the Marines in the pacific.

As soon as the Brits come into the long campaign in the east. I will give them 1 company from India and 1 from New Zieland. Dont know yet a bout the Marines in the Pacific yet. Maybe 1 co of Aussies might be something new.

< Message edited by robot -- 8/16/2004 1:45:25 PM >

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 4
RE: Who fought with us - 8/17/2004 12:14:51 AM   
bchapman

I believe that there were some Indian units used in the Sicily/Italian campagain.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: Who fought with us - 8/17/2004 4:40:27 AM   
WestKent78

Australians: North Africa and Pacific including Malaya & Singapore, Crete
Indians: Malaya & Singapore, North Africa, Italy, East Africa, Burma
New Zealand: North Africa and Pacific, Crete
Canadians: North East Europe, possibly Italy, none in North Africa unless there were some Canadian Airforce, Fall of Hong Kong- none in Singapore
Additional units you might think of for North Africa are Free French, Polish Carpathian Legion, Greeks, South Africans, Jewish Brigade

(in reply to bchapman)
Post #: 6
RE: Who fought with us - 8/17/2004 8:14:57 AM   
stevemk1a

quote:

Canadians: North East Europe, possibly Italy

Most certainly in Italy!! ... for one notable example, a very fierce battle was fought approaching, and then later, in the Italian eastern coastal city of Ortona vs. a Panzer Grenadier, and later, a German Fallschirmjager division around Christmas 1943. It was dubbed "Little Stalingrad " by the press, and it involved Canadian regiments in both the approach and capture of the city.

(in reply to WestKent78)
Post #: 7
RE: Who fought with us - 8/17/2004 5:24:49 PM   
Hexed Gamer

Just a side note add on here, MMP (that's ASL eh guys) is soon to release an Ortona module for their game.

Ortona also known as little Stalingrad.

Yep Canadians fought in Sicily and Italy, and some were quite annoyed by the term D-Day Dodgers. The fighting in Italy was no picnic to those that were there.

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 8
RE: Who fought with us - 8/18/2004 10:03:29 PM   
byoung

Fidel_Helms said:
Little-known trivia:

Brazil sent a division sized expeditionary force which fought under American command in Italy.

They also chipped in some men to France in WWI. The other BEF.

Bruce "That's why it is called the SECOND World War" Young

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Who fought with us Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI