Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 5:20:09 AM   
witpit

just curious

Attachment (1)

WITP IT....WITP IT GOOD!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 5:23:57 AM   
Platoonist

Yes...I'm sure every Japanese player is dying to advance the US LCU reinforcement schedule by six months.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 2
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 5:27:42 AM   
AlvinS

Do a search in the AAR forum. I think Sundevil said there was a real funny ARR from someone who has invaded or attempted to invade the west coast. I have not seen it, but I am sure it would be good to read.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 5:31:05 AM   
2ndACR

it was Nikidemus who tried. I have invaded PH and took it against the AI. But I got ALOT of ships banged up or sunk.

It is definatly a Dec 7,1941 attempt or never. I aint going to try it again.

**Note** To any future PBEM opponents, trust that at your own peril!!

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 4
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 6:39:05 AM   
Nikademus

check out the Banana AAR.

Luskan's banana figured it would shorten the distance between two points

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 5
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 8:54:56 AM   
witpit

he he......I checked it out......quite interesting......

.....so.......

I found it interesting that you sunk the three main US CVs......but it sounds like you needed to pull basically ALL available forces to invade SF.......

.....I wonder if one could capture Indonesia and PI and most smaller islands and then go after West Coast....just like PacWar

.....in Pac....I always figured that if game wasn't won by April '43, Japan was doomed......

....I would bet Mogami could probably do all of the above and more!

...but I've never played Mogami....still, do like his Japanese pilot training/rotation regime found on Spooky's....good stuff!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 6
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/14/2004 10:12:06 PM   
Nikademus

Yes, the operation required every immediately avail 1st wave INF division. Additionally i also pulled out the heart of the 11th air fleet in anticipation of operations from captured airfields.

The INF divisions were gutted, the 11th airfleet contingent got itself sunk (100% losses), and i lost two CVL + 1 CV + a host of surface ships. The distance and prox to northern waters (i think) really were a problem. That was why Akagi was lost and i very nearly lost Hiryu too but she crawled into a Japanese northern port where i had rushed a repair ship too and survived. 85% of KB's prewar aircrews were wiped out and i lost somthing like 75 transports.

The Banana was not pleased.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 7
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 4:11:39 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp%3Fm%3D666418

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 8
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 6:05:11 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Yes, the operation required every immediately avail 1st wave INF division. Additionally i also pulled out the heart of the 11th air fleet in anticipation of operations from captured airfields.

The INF divisions were gutted, the 11th airfleet contingent got itself sunk (100% losses), and i lost two CVL + 1 CV + a host of surface ships. The distance and prox to northern waters (i think) really were a problem. That was why Akagi was lost and i very nearly lost Hiryu too but she crawled into a Japanese northern port where i had rushed a repair ship too and survived. 85% of KB's prewar aircrews were wiped out and i lost somthing like 75 transports.

The Banana was not pleased.

Never even took the city did you?

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 9
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 6:09:50 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

What you do is land about 60 miles north of San Francisco and march south.

Good Luck...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpit

just curious

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 10
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 6:37:32 AM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

I took a Trolley....

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 11
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 6:39:51 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

I took a Trolley....

Well no wonder. Those things only go like 15 mph and the grid they go on is so mismanged and out of date you never get anywhere fast. Next time your better off walking

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 12
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 6:53:58 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood
Hello...

What you do is land about 60 miles north of San Francisco and march south.

Good Luck...

Michael Wood

I'm shocked, shocked! to see someone from Oakland offer such advice. Invading *north* of San Francisco leaves the IJA on the wrong side of San Francisco Bay from the city -- with the Golden Gate Bridge as the only crossing point.

Invaders from the north would have had to turn east, march south through Berkeley and Oakland down to San Jose, then turn back north up the San Mateo peninsula to get to San Francisco.

I demand that the game designers drop whatever they are doing and end the ahistorical possibility of the Japanese taking San Francisco from the north! Nothing else can possibly be as important as this! *

* = except for adding the 914th Messkit Repair Battalion to the OOB. I can't believe you left them out! I have their complete TO&E including the 7/6/44 sporks upgrade.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 13
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 7:09:23 AM   
witpit

he he.....I was thinking of setting up camp north of Seattle actually......theway I figure it, the only way to stop USA is to stop their ships from arriving in port....I was thinking of building a base and then marching from there.....oof, 220,000 troops are a lot to try to beat! I wonder if might be possible for a very good player to run the game until March 31 46, in a sense a victory.

...hey look, there is Nik on the trolley leading the Japanese now!

Goin on vacation see you soon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 14
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 4:51:28 PM   
mongo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse
Invaders from the north would have had to turn east, march south through Berkeley and Oakland down to San Jose, then turn back north up the San Mateo peninsula to get to San Francisco.

If they come through Oakland, I want erm... "special provision partisans" to harry their march

Maybe Oakland wasn't that bad in the 40s though.. probably not, as the Raiders didn't exist yet

"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 15
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 5:46:35 PM   
AlvinS

And the winner of the "Beverage Through The Nose" Award goes to Nikademus. That was one funny AAR.

Note to self. Do not drink anything while reading AAR's by Nikademus.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to mongo)
Post #: 16
RE: Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? - 8/15/2004 7:42:50 PM   
rtamesis

This definitely demands a replay with the INF divisions landing south of San Francisco and marching up north!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Soooo....anybody invade the USA or PH as Japanese yet? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI