Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOBs question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOBs question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOBs question - 2/10/2002 10:10:00 PM   
Robban

Hi! what is the difference betwen 6.1 OOBs vice version 7.0 or 7.1? I use 7.1. Mr webber said to me that some people may play better with 6.1 OOBs.
Can anyone explain? Roger

Post #: 1
- 2/10/2002 11:43:00 PM   
brianleeprice

quote:

Originally posted by Roger Engvall:
Hi! what is the difference betwen 6.1 OOBs vice version 7.0 or 7.1? I use 7.1. Mr webber said to me that some people may play better with 6.1 OOBs.
Can anyone explain? Roger

I'll try to explain a bit and hopefully others will help flesh it out/correct it. Primary difference between v6.1 and v7.0 is armor, mortars, and costs. Armor values were adjusted in a manner many people found objectionable. Mortars were somewhat fixed in respect to the number of tubes actually firing in indirect fire although other problems were introduced. The unit cost modifications, while serving to balance things a bit more for pbem and online play, as well as seeming to help the AI make better purchasing decisions in random battles and the long campaigns. However, the increased costs overall may adversely affect previously created custom campaigns, making them a bit harder in many cases. Version 7.1 will correct the armor value problems with v7.0 as well as fix a few miscellaneous errors. It will also include the single tube per unit mortar fix which has the fewest side effects of all possible known solutions given the engine limitations. However version 7.1 will hopefully not be the end of the story. I will be leading a team of brave volunteers in the post v7.1 OOB update (v7.2 or v7.11). We are going to attempt to clean up the rest of the errors and perhaps make a few additions and minor modifications. As to what OOB to use? IMO right now use v6.1 for custom campaigns and scenarios which don't seem to work properly with v7.0 OOBs, and either v6.1 or v7.0 for pbem and online games. For MCs I think you'll likely want to use v7.0. Once v7.1 is available, use it for all but custom campaigns and perhaps some scenarios. If you don't want to have two installations or more (I think I have four right now, lol), I'd recommend going with v7.0 and upgrading to v7.1 as soon as it is released. Hope this helps,
Brian

(in reply to Robban)
Post #: 2
- 2/11/2002 12:35:00 AM   
Robban

Yes, Brian. Thanks for your information.
Best regards Roger

(in reply to Robban)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOBs question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI