Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns v1.2 Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns v1.2 Patch Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns v1.... - 8/2/2004 9:48:01 AM   
David Heath

Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns v1.2 Patch
Update Includes New Campaigns, Fixes and Enhancements

Staten Island, NY, August 2nd, 2004 - Matrix Games and Vicious Byte (www.viciousbyte.de) are pleased to announce the release of the new version 1.2 update for the highly rated tactical turn based mech game Titans of Steel: Warring Suns. The 1.2 update includes 41 fixes, 57 additions and changes as well as three new semi-official campaigns from Glenn Shell and Michael Jureidini.

The Titans of Steel: Warring Suns universe is a future where the main fighting unit is the Titan Attack Tech, better know as the Titan-AT. Titan-ATs are generally humanoid in appearance, range from ten to fourteen meters in height and weigh as much as 200 tons. A Titan-AT can have an array of weapons including lasers, auto cannons, missile launchers and other specialty weapons and defensive systems.

The product of years of development by Vicious Byte, Titans of Steel: Warring Suns is the definitive strategy game for the mech genre.

Titans of Steel: Warring Suns allows you to design or reconfigure your own Titan-AT. There are 450 different Titan-AT types to start with, including 150 pre-designed Titan-ATs. Each Titan-AT has over 74 internal systems, electronics systems, 4 armor types, 20 chassis styles, 5 size classes (recon, light, medium, heavy, assault) and 29 weapon types ranging from conventional to exotic. Once you’ve settled on your perfect Titan-AT, you can share your design with other commanders.

The battle area has four map sizes ranging from small to huge. Interactive terrain features such as flammable dense forests or smashed ruins make the battle more dynamic. An auto-move feature allows you to concentrate on your weapon systems. Multiplayer support allows up to four players with thirty-two Titan-ATs to compete in Hot Seat, LAN or Internet games.

For more information, please visit the website at http://www.titansofsteel.com or check the main Matrix Games page at http://www.matrixgames.com.

Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 10:37:15 AM   
LarkinVB

How do I install the patch ? Executing the file I get the error
"Couldn't create folder Matrix Games\Titans of Steel - Warring Suns"
Its also not available with True Update.

Any success story ?

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 2:38:30 PM   
Burzmali

I've installed it sucessfully, I haven't gotten a chance to run through a battle yet, but it did install and I was able to run the game. Now that you mention it, it never did ask me were the game was stored... It also invalidated my save games, just as a warning.

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 2:55:06 PM   
aquietfrog

I've installed the patch successfully... and it works fine while playing. Note that i kept the zip file of the installer at the matrix games/titans of steel folder and installed from there.

(in reply to Burzmali)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 8:29:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burzmali

I've installed it sucessfully, I haven't gotten a chance to run through a battle yet, but it did install and I was able to run the game. Now that you mention it, it never did ask me were the game was stored... It also invalidated my save games, just as a warning.

It automatically finds the game folder. The readme states that save games are not compatible.

(in reply to Burzmali)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 9:46:52 PM   
LarkinVB

I still can't install the patch. So I decided to reinstall the game and try again. This time I can't deinstall completly as the font file Menu1.ttf in the gdata folder can't be deleted. Any suggestions why it is locked ?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 9:49:48 PM   
Peter Why

True Update told me that I already have the most up-to-date update installed. (I checked and it's 1.1.0)

Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 10:17:31 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Why

True Update told me that I already have the most up-to-date update installed. (I checked and it's 1.1.0)

The patch is not available for True Update since we most probably get rid of it.

You have to download them manually from our downloads page.

(in reply to Peter Why)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 10:18:46 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarkinVB

I still can't install the patch. So I decided to reinstall the game and try again. This time I can't deinstall completly as the font file Menu1.ttf in the gdata folder can't be deleted. Any suggestions why it is locked ?

I´m researching this. It is probably some sytem related stuff (the folder issue). Are you installing / unistalling from an admin account?

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 8/4/2004 3:19:07 AM >

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 10:55:08 PM   
LarkinVB

I found the cause of the font file problem. It has an entry in the registry. After I removed the entry and rebooted I could delete the file. Nevertheless this shouldn't happen at all. I reinstalled v1.0 from CD and tried to apply the patch. Still no success. I have an admin account. The error message is

"Das folgende Verzeichnis konnte nicht erstell werden:
Matrix Games\Titans of Steel - Warring Suns"

Perhaps a language problem ? How does the patch installer detect the game folder ?
Damned, I can't install my own patch

< Message edited by LarkinVB -- 8/3/2004 9:57:28 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 11:20:39 PM   
elmo3

Sorry for sticking my nose in here but the 1.02 patch does say "US version only. UK version coming.". Does that make a difference in your case?

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/3/2004 11:23:15 PM   
LarkinVB

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Sorry for sticking my nose in here but the 1.02 patch does say "US version only. UK version coming.". Does that make a difference in your case?

No. I've installed the US version.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/4/2004 1:52:21 AM   
Burzmali

Have you got any other junk in your registry from prior installs? If ToS checks the registry for the install directory, that could be slipping it up.

< Message edited by Burzmali -- 8/3/2004 11:52:56 PM >

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/4/2004 7:19:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

Larkin,

Sorry to hear that you of all folks are having problem with the patch. I'm at WBC at the moment and unable to work on the patch, but I've asked Marc to help as he can. Is anyone else seeing the same problem Larkin is?

Have you tried just installing 1.0 and then uninstalling? Did it cause the same uninstall problem? What about 1.0 + 1.1 and uninstall? I'm just trying to trace which installation/patch causes that uninstall problem.

I tested the patch here on clean installs on both WinXP and Win98 before posting and it worked with no errors.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/4/2004 12:23:00 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Burzmali)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/4/2004 5:23:37 PM   
Herumutsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Is anyone else seeing the same problem Larkin is?

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem using WinXP with german language settings.
I attempted to install the patch right after a fresh install of the game, followed by installing the former patch. In all of my tries, the result was the same error-message LarkinVB reported earlier.

If you need any more relevant information from my side, I'll of course provide that to you.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/4/2004 6:41:52 PM   
LarkinVB

Now that we have a verified problem some admin should move this to the support forum.

(in reply to Herumutsu)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/5/2004 1:12:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, thanks for the verification. Dave and I will investigate and fix this when we return on Monday. We'll post an updated patch file to replace the current one. Larkin, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and we'll coordinate on my return to make sure the new update works on non-English machines.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/5/2004 1:42:51 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

We are looking into this. Erik and myself are away until Tuesday.

David

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/5/2004 9:16:20 PM   
LarkinVB

quote:

I found the cause of the font file problem. It has an entry in the registry. After I removed the entry and rebooted I could delete the file. Nevertheless this shouldn't happen at all.

Damned. Now that I removed the registry entry which was pointing to gdata/menu1.ttf I have no Courier New Standard at all in my system ! It seems that menu1.ttf replaced the default Courier New Standard font and removing was a bad move at all. Any hints how I can add the standard back to my Win XP ?

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/5/2004 9:35:02 PM   
elmo3

Pretty sure WinXP keeps track of system settings like that in a set of files that you can restore from. Can't think of the name of it off hand but will check when I get home tonight (East Coast US time) if nobody comes up with an answer sooner. If you look around the control panel area you might find it.

Edit - "System Restore" is what I'm thinking might work. WinXP Help or the Microsoft web site should have the details.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 8/5/2004 7:39:24 PM >

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/6/2004 1:41:25 PM   
LarkinVB

I fixed it by adding the default COUR to the registry. No idea why it was replaced by the menu1.ttf from Matrixgames.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/6/2004 2:33:11 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

I fixed it by adding the default COUR to the registry. No idea why it was replaced by the menu1.ttf from Matrixgames.

- Insert the Windows installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Click [Start], point to [Settings], and click [Control Panel].
- Double-click [Fonts].
- Click to select [Arial], [Courier 10,12,15], and [Courier New]. (Hold down the [Ctrl] key while clicking to select all three.)
- On the [File] menu, click [Delete].
- If a confirmation message appears, click [Yes].
- On the [File] menu, click [Install New Font].
- In the [Drives] drop-down list, select the CD-ROM drive or another drive that holds the fonts.
- In the [Folders] list, browse to the folder that contains the fonts.
- In the [List of fonts], click to select [Arial (True Type)], Courier New (True Type)], and [Courier]. (Hold down - the [Ctrl] key while clicking to select all three).
Select [Copy fonts to Fonts folder] if it is not selected.
- Click [OK].

In Windows XP, simply deleting the respective systems fonts works for most of the time. XP automatically regenerates the font.

As for the font problem itself. That was a bug on one of the early masters. It should have been fixed on the retail CD. At least I reported the bug and it was told me that it was fixed.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 8/6/2004 7:33:43 PM >

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/7/2004 12:01:29 PM   
LarkinVB

Thanks Marc.

Btw v1.2 is a full patch, v1.1 isn't needed at all.

Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/15/2004 5:56:01 PM   
elmo3

Any news on 1.21? If it's coming soon I'll hold off on creating a new squad until then. Thanks.

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/16/2004 1:20:33 PM   
LarkinVB

I plan to upload to Matrixgames in the next few days. Don't know how long it will take them to finalize it.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/16/2004 1:22:49 PM   
elmo3

Thanks. I'll start another squad to keep me occupied.

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 26
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/18/2004 9:18:24 AM   
LarkinVB

Matrixgames did upload a fixed v1.2.0 to their ftp server. Note that the installer is fixed, the content is the same. v1.2.1 should be available next week.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 27
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/18/2004 1:41:39 PM   
vejlin

Does anyone know when the UK (justplay) 1.2 patch will be made available ?

Kim

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 28
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/22/2004 11:03:13 PM   
vejlin

Nevermind US patch works on the Justplay version for some reason.

Kim

(in reply to vejlin)
Post #: 29
RE: Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns... - 8/23/2004 6:01:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

I'm flying back tonight, should have ToS 1.21 ready for you on Wednesday or Thursday.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to vejlin)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Matrix Games Releases Titans of Steel: Warring Suns v1.2 Patch Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI