Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem - bought the game at GenCon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem - bought the game at GenCon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 5:28:54 AM   
khelvan

Ok, so I purchased WitP and Squad Assault while I was at GenCon, and I got Starships Unlimited for free along with them. After playing SUDG and SA for a few weeks, and being busy with work, I sat down yesterday to begin the daunting task of installing and learning WitP. My problem is this - it seems that the game I purchased did not come with a manual. Normally this would not be a problem, as I assumed it was on the CD for me to print out (as SUDG's was). Or, I could find one online. However, with my in-person purchase I cannot find a serial number for the installation, so I have to guess that it was actually found on the manual which did not come in my (already opened) package.

Fair enough. I called Matrix's Customer Support. After a long time on hold, I was told they couldn't help me??? and that I should call tech support. I was given a bogus number. I can find no tech support number to reach them at, nor even a simple email address. An email to info@matrixgames.com has led to no response. I am really at a loss as to what to do here, I've paid damn good money for this game ($70, far more than I normally would) and I am, quite frankly, very suprised (in a bad way) about the lack of support I am receiving. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Brian

< Message edited by khelvan -- 9/15/2004 3:30:43 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 5:33:20 AM   
Mr.Frag

???

Manual's are all PDF files ... they are part of the install.

???\War in the Pacific\Manuals

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, you'll need it ... http://www.adobe.com/reader

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 5:37:52 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Go to Start:Programs...War in the Pacific...You'll find two manuals, Print and E-Book and a tutorial manual

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 5:43:43 AM   
dereck

It seems he also has a problem with not being able to install it because he didn't receive a key for it when he purchased it in person.

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 6:15:09 AM   
khelvan

Yeah, I only assumed the key was in the manual. I could be wrong. If not, where can I find it? I assume that those who purchased it online got one in email, and not found somewhere in the packaging or on the CD itself? (If so, problem solved, just let me know what it looks like and where to find it)

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 6:22:25 AM   
dereck

I downloaded my game online and got the key sent to me in my invoice confirmation email.

I'd suggest you maybe try going back to where you bought the game and try talking to the manager of the store and telling him what's going on and try to get the key.

Only other option would be to contact someone from Matrix (who monitor these threads) and see if they can somehow help you.

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 6:32:01 AM   
khelvan

I am afraid I haven't explained myself properly. GenCon = very large, annual gaming convention held in Indianapolis (now). Matrix had a booth there, I talked to some Matrix people, got some neat demos, and ended up purchasing these games (directly from Matrix employees). There is absolutely no way for me to return to the store, so to speak, as I am sure you now understand.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 6:41:21 AM   
dereck

In that way, you may want to send a private message directory to Mr. Frag -- he would know either what to do or who to direct you to. If you purchased the games direct from Maxis employees then they should help you (you'd think).

It's definitely a nice game to play so I hope you get up and running soon.

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 7:18:28 AM   
bilbow

I bought the game at Origins. The serial number was on the receipt.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/15/2004 7:37:23 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. You should have been told at the register to keep the receipt as it had the serial number for your War in the Pacific game. Do you still have the receipt? If so, the serial number should be on there. If not, please e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com.

I'll check on why there was no response to info@matrixgames.com and why the phone people didn't give you correct contact info. Can you please include which number you originally called and the phone number they told you to call in an e-mail to support@matrixgames.com? Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/16/2004 5:43:30 AM   
khelvan

I was probably told that, but did not remember it. However, I did keep the receipt (probably because of this), and I have located the serial number, so thank you very much!

I originally called this number: 952.646.5257

I was told by a girl there that she could only help me if I order games online. She then sent me to this number, supposedly tech support: 636.536.7345

That sent me to some random company based in Missouri (area code is right down the street from me).

I called back (to the original number) and a man told me that I could not reach tech support by phone, and that even they could only reach tech support through the matrixgames.com forums, and suggested I go there.

Thank you again for the assistance.

-Brian

< Message edited by khelvan -- 9/16/2004 3:44:05 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem - bought the game at GenCon - 9/16/2004 6:59:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

Brian,

Thanks, that the Digital River support and they should have told you to e-mail support@matrixgames.com. I'm following up with them today to make sure this gets straightened out. Not sure where that second phone number came from, never heard of it before.

Glad to hear you found the receipt and are all set now.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to khelvan)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem - bought the game at GenCon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI