Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to change objectives?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to change objectives? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to change objectives? - 2/21/2002 6:58:00 PM   
xjussix

Those blue flags that my troops are heading for..How can I change the position of them? Can I?

Member of the NSAA. :eek:
Don't ask what it is :D You don't want to know.
Post #: 1
- 2/21/2002 8:04:00 PM   
Warrior

The blue objective flags are placed by the scenario designer. You can change them using the editor. Many times they really don't mean much. If you're the human player, you can take your troops where you want. [ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 2
- 2/21/2002 10:42:00 PM   
challenge

To change them you can click on the flags in the deployment screen when placing units. In battle the menu bar on the right has a green flag on it. If it's dark the unit doesn't have the C&C points to change it (cost 3); with C&C off it doesn't matter, you don't need to set objectives. To edit the ones at the start of scenario, you will need to load the map in the editor, go the deployment screen and change them as above.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 3
- 2/22/2002 12:27:00 PM   
xjussix

Alright, thanks for the clarification!

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 4
- 2/22/2002 1:00:00 PM   
swagman

The blue objective flags are the ordered destination for your units. Where forces are controlled by the AI, units will more or less advance directly towards the objective flag, allowing for control of victory hexes and some other considerations. A scenario designer will set the objective hexes when creating a scenario so the AI will move its units meaningfully. By setting way-points, computer controlled units will follow a pre-determined path to the objective flag. Way-points are used to create some purpose to the way the computer moves its units. As a human can play a scenarios from either side, objective flags most be set for both sides to assist the AI. However, for the human player, the objective flags set by the scenario designer are irrelevant. The player objective flags can be changed without affecting the scenario or its outcome. You may be aware of an option called Command Control. This is turned on and off in the preferences menu. It has no affect on the AI. With CC off, the blue objective flags are irrelevant. You can move units freely in any direction without penalty, up to the maximum movement points permitted. With CC on, your units may only advance WITHOUT penalty broadly towards the blue objective flags.
If you have show movement radius ON in the preferences, this is shown as a wedge of shaded hexes…with CC off you will see a unit surrounded by an even ring of shaded hexes. With CC on, certain commands given to units cost one or more orders. Typically, these are:
· Change the location of the objective flag for a formation - 3 orders;
· Move a unit away from its objective flag (to a hex not within the shaded wedge) - 1 order;
· Change the formation stance - 3 orders regardless of the number of units within the formation;
· Change the stance of a unit - 1 order;
· Assign an artillery barrage order - 1 order. With CC on, a unit must have a stance of ADVANCE for it to move. A unit with a stance of DEFEND is harder to spot, receives bonus op fire outcomes, and will enter an "in cover" condition, which provides a defence bonus. Each turn, units gain one or more orders, according to their seniority and command rating. An average platoon HQ will gain one order per turn, and may accumulate 3 orders…an elite platoon HQ may gain 2 orders up to a total of 5. An average company HQ will gain 2 orders and carry forward up to 5 orders; while you're AO HQ will gain 3 or 4 orders and carry forward up to 7 orders.

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 5
- 2/22/2002 8:11:00 PM   
xjussix

quote:

Originally posted by swagman:
The blue objective flags are the ordered destination for your units...
With CC on, certain commands given to units cost one or more orders. Typically, these are:
· Change the location of the objective flag for a formation - 3 orders;
· Move a unit away from its objective flag (to a hex not within the shaded wedge) - 1 order;

How do I change the location of the objective flag for a formation?

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 6
- 2/22/2002 10:40:00 PM   
challenge

Objectives are set by Formation. All squads in a platoon of a company have the same objectives and use C&C points from the Platoon Leader then Co HQ then from the GHQ. Each unit with a 0 as the number commands a formation (even if, like the FO, the single unit is formation).

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 7
- 2/25/2002 7:00:00 PM   
xjussix

Stupid me! I found the red flag button (which changes the objective's position) along with all the other buttons. SORRYYY!

(in reply to xjussix)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to change objectives? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI