Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which game to buy? CL or LV?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Which game to buy? CL or LV? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which game to buy? CL or LV? - 2/22/2002 8:02:00 PM   
campekenobi

Ok, please don't answer BOTH. I'm loving SPWAW and was wondering about some of the other games, or 'add-ons', if you will. Here are my basic questions: 1) Do either of the games (Combat Leader, Lost Victories) come with a full version (7.0) of SPWAW on the disc? 2) Which game is Better & why? Thanks!

Post #: 1
- 2/22/2002 8:07:00 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

We are still making Combat Leader and no its engine its the one thats used in SP:WaW.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to campekenobi)
Post #: 2
- 2/22/2002 8:28:00 PM   
Resisti

Yes, Sniper, they are two COMPLETELY different things. Lost Victories is a Mega Campaign CD produced using the Spwaw game engine, and contains spwaw 7.0 full version Combat Leader is a brand new game still under devolpment; in Matrix good intentions should be out in summer, i consider my self lucky if I will get it within the year. So my suggestion is: buy LV now and you'll have several months ahead to save some bucks and buy CL,then.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 3
- 2/23/2002 3:41:00 PM   
ruxius

E A C H - O N E !
(I didn't answered 'both' ) I think you had better to buy CL if you want to see something new and maybe very innovative even if at its beginning... You should buy LV if you want the well-known SPWAW within an environment that (consider to play it against one human opponent ) put itat the top of what can be done...

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 4
- 2/23/2002 10:43:00 PM   
Bing

If you want to play now, the choice is easy. CL won't be out for many moons. Why miss the fun? You can buy one of the MC's, play it while CL is under development and save your money for when CL is released - which will not be next week. For the amount of money we're talking about you could collect pop bottles, turn them in for the deposit and be ready for CL. (This is not a thing of the past, in Michigan we pay deposit because of the state anti-littering law, thus making return of the empties a family bonding activity.) Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Which game to buy? CL or LV? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI