Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will there be sounds?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Will there be sounds? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will there be sounds? - 6/1/2000 2:42:00 PM   
richak

Just curious if there will be updates in the sounds? Even though I wasn't too keen on Koei's version of a strategic WWII game set in the pacific PTOII, the soundtrack of the game was very good. It would be cool to have just simple motivational stars and stripes music when moving U.S. TF's. Hawaii music when working with small island bases. Chinese chimes when dealing with Chinese music. Japanese koto music or the Japanese national anthym (sounds like a dirge) when directing Japanese forces, Rule Britannia for Commonwealth forces, etc. Not too many sounds. Also, maybe a battle sound when battle reports are coming in. The siren of Dive bombers for air attacks. The sound of air raid sirens over bases. The clang clang clang and "all hands on deck" for naval battles, etc. These are just ideas thrown out, as I have written too many over the last 3 weeks already. Just dreaming. But as always, anything on the Pacific War from Matrix and Grisby would be welcome. No matter what features are improved from PacWar, I am sure Pac War will make me happier than a hound dog with a brand new flea collar.

Rich
Post #: 1
- 6/1/2000 10:19:00 PM   
Major Tom

The only problem with sounds in a Wargame is that they get tiring. Sounds aren't as necessary as in a Plane Simulator or shootem up game. In fact, every wargame that I have that has sounds I tend to disable them, or mute my speakers. I don't know if they are REALLY that necessary, but, it wouldn't hurt for those who want it (the rest of us can just mute it). However, if the game pauses whenever a sound is made (ie. High Command) it gets annoying.

(in reply to richak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Will there be sounds? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI