Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I load/play downloaded scenarios??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/11/2004 6:13:10 AM   
malbug

I just downloaded the scenario manager from Fabio somethin' or other's site along with a "Wittman" scenario. The scenario comes as a zipped folder. When I click on the folder I see three files, the largest of which is a "SCEN" file. Now what in God's name do I do?? Can you tell I'm new at this?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/11/2004 8:36:44 AM   
chief

Malbug: 1st after unzipping you should have a .cmt, .dat, and .txt files.

I assume you downloaded files for the version of SPwaw you have in your machine.

Each of the files should look like this scenxxx.cmt, scenxxx.dat, scenxxx.txt

XXX=a number

In Windows Explorer:
Go to Scen folder in the main SPwaw folder, find an UNUSED SCEN, jot down the number, for stuff and giggles lets say scen 099 is open. (notice all numbers are 3 digits long)

Now go to the .dat file you unzipped, right click on it, on the drop down menu, click on Rename, a box will now appear around the file, if your careful you can highlight, with the cursor, the xxx and then type in 099, your .dat file should now read scen099.dat, repeat this for the other two files. Do Not add spaces where there wasn't any at first.

Now after all three files are renumbered use the drag and drop method to put them all in the SCEN file foder, where you got the unused file number from.

Closed windows explorer.

Go to game, select SCENARIO (list) and go to 099 and you should be able to load and play scenario.

Hope this Helps

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to malbug)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/14/2004 6:23:41 PM   
RockinHarry

Things would be eased somewhat whne scenario makers start to use Mod Swapper as well. IE make it install to scenario slot 1 and Mod Swapper takes care of backupping whatßs there before. You also don´t need to scroll sveral pages to find the new scenario.

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/14/2004 11:07:18 PM   
chief

Harry: At one time I had a "work around" that I got from a "Panzer General II" forum that had a way of renumbering scenario files quickly, but during a reformat I lost it. Too bad cause it were a good way of doing what this young fella wants. It worked with SPwaw also. Lost a lot of good stuff when the virus ?????/ hit me.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/16/2004 7:14:42 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: chief

Harry: At one time I had a "work around" that I got from a "Panzer General II" forum that had a way of renumbering scenario files quickly, but during a reformat I lost it. Too bad cause it were a good way of doing what this young fella wants. It worked with SPwaw also. Lost a lot of good stuff when the virus ?????/ hit me.

ouch! darn viruses! If you ever find the info again please post, chief!

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? - 9/16/2004 9:39:32 PM   
chief

Wilco

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How do I load/play downloaded scenarios?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI