Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Ground War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The Ground War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Ground War - 1/3/2002 9:40:00 PM   
Blackhorse

Given the game's 12 hour/ turn scale, I'm curious how ground operations will be represented and restricted. Will land combat units (LCUs) be able to attack turn-after-turn, or will they become worn down by continuous combat and forced to regroup? Will LCUs be reduced by disease, especially when they are out-of-supply? Will Monsoons limit movement and combat? Will the Burma Road be represented in the game? (Historically, the reason Japan invaded Burma was to cut the Burma Road -- the last overland route supplying China. The effect of the supply line, and of cutting it are poorly captured in Pacwar, IMHO.) Will guerrilla warfare be represented -- at least abstractly -- so that the Japanese have to garrison rear areas in China and their conquests in Indonesia, the Philippines, etc.? [ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Blackhorse ]

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
Post #: 1
- 1/5/2002 3:59:00 AM   
byron13

Why do they let the Cav pukes on here? Especially from the 11th ACR? Interesting questions that I haven't seen asked in other threads, though I may be wrong. The only thing I've seen that seems to address any of your questions is that supply (and I think combat) are affected if you get more than X number of hexes from a road. So if you're too deep into the jungles of New Guinea, you are adversely affected. Naturally, you're Burma Road question has different implications. I think I've also seen where combat eats up a lot of supply points and that the standard combat mode for land units is going to be an attrition mode - not much action that doesn't require much supply. It could be that this was a suggestion from someone as opposed to a fact.

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 2
- 1/5/2002 11:22:00 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

Originally posted by byron:
Why do they let the Cav pukes on here? Especially from the 11th ACR?
Actually, its the only place we are allowed. We've been banned from all the popular boards. They won't even let us play in any reindeer games. I think I've also seen where combat eats up a lot of supply points and that the standard combat mode for land units is going to be an attrition mode - not much action that doesn't require much supply. It could be that this was a suggestion from someone as opposed to a fact. If it was only a suggestion, it was a good one. [ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Blackhorse ]

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The Ground War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI