Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

factory questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> factory questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
factory questions - 9/27/2004 8:00:04 PM   
mlees

When the player decides to "move" a factory to another province, how long does it take?

I assume the production points it would have generated are lost, correct?

Can these factories be moved over seas? (eg., WA player sets up a transport chain to take his UK factories directly to the provinces with the recources to support them.)
Or is that counter productive? (The provinces don't have the "manpower" available to build much.)

How does "manpower" work? ("X" amount per factory to be able to use it, or "X" amount as per what the unit/supply being produced needs?)
Post #: 1
RE: factory questions - 9/27/2004 10:09:55 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

When the player decides to "move" a factory to another province, how long does it take?

I assume the production points it would have generated are lost, correct?

Can these factories be moved over seas? (eg., WA player sets up a transport chain to take his UK factories directly to the provinces with the recources to support them.)
Or is that counter productive? (The provinces don't have the "manpower" available to build much.)

How does "manpower" work? ("X" amount per factory to be able to use it, or "X" amount as per what the unit/supply being produced needs?)

Assuming you have rail capacity, it can be moved in one turn. However, it is then damaged 1 level which puts it at 1/2 production until it is repaired (costs 5 supply points). Units in production at the time do not move with the factory. I can't remember now for sure, but I think on the turn of movement, no factory points are generated by the factory. Factories cannot be moved by sea, but they can be built by other factories. Building factories in the Commonwealth where factories have a 1x multiplier is not very efficient as it takes 6 production points (and 1 1/2 years) to build the factory, so the payback time is very long. Factories can only move within areas that have the same nationality (can't move factory from Italy to Germany for example).

It takes 2 Population points to place a unit on the map on the turn that it is finally built. Units that are damaged, go back on the production track with 1/2 the standard production time needed to rebuild it. One population point is placed back in the population pool. Each turn, population points are generated equal to the population value of the area. Popluation can only be used by factories of the same nationality.

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 2
RE: factory questions - 9/28/2004 5:46:27 AM   
mlees

Thank you for the fast reply!

I realize that the designers were trying to simulate the Battle of the Atlantic, (and the US sub blockade of Japan) but my subconcious was already trying to figure out a way to reduce Transport/Convoy casualties. I wasn't trying to Cheat The System. Honest. Really.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> factory questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI