Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave - 10/5/2004 6:16:35 AM   
Belphegor

Akagi, takes a few torpedos, and brings the system and floatation up to a little over 50. The aircraft in the air on missions(from her) scatter to different local land bases, generally small, Buna and Shortlands to be precise. Next turn none of the air units from Akagi that have landed at land bases can transfer anywhere. Although they flew to land bases, they are still listed as being stationed on Akagi, since she can't conduct air ops, the air units at the land bases can't fly.

Campaign 15, started 1.21.

I have an after the effect save, but not a prior. Does this resolve itself he asked hopefully? Can I send transport to pick these aircraft up?
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave - 10/5/2004 6:20:10 AM   
Belphegor

oops, wait! Look at them often enough (IE cycle through the squadrons) and lament and they finally get based at Buna, but attached to Home Defence Force. Good thing I have PP to fix that.

There is still a problem here, but perhaps already dealt with?

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave - 10/5/2004 6:23:17 AM   
Belphegor

NO! Wait some more! Shoot myself in the foot. They were attached to Home Defence Force before I loaded them on Akagi, so I forgot to change them over.

Lord I need sleep. Emergency is over. Thanks for playing "Oh, dopey me"

so really the wierd thing was just that they stayed 'stationed on Akagi' the turn after they landed... Game probably never expected Home Defence Force units to show up in Buna.

< Message edited by Belphegor -- 10/5/2004 4:40:21 AM >

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 3
RE: Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave - 10/5/2004 2:34:16 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: Belphegor

NO! Wait some more! Shoot myself in the foot. They were attached to Home Defence Force before I loaded them on Akagi, so I forgot to change them over.

Lord I need sleep. Emergency is over. Thanks for playing "Oh, dopey me"

so really the wierd thing was just that they stayed 'stationed on Akagi' the turn after they landed... Game probably never expected Home Defence Force units to show up in Buna.

Ahh, this undoubtedly explains a similar head-scratcher I ran into last night. Thanks!

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 4
RE: Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave - 10/5/2004 3:03:03 PM   
kayjay

Did the same thing on the US side - forgot to change HQ of my west coast CV sqns on several CVs - CVs took some hits - found sqns sitting in Port Moresby and they aint about to fly anywhere till I change teh HQ.

Kevin Kelley

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Carrier aircraft forced to rebase, can't leave Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI