Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
artillery - 8/29/2004 10:38:24 PM   
Spinoza

Is it true that in real combat the artillery played such a great role. In fact, as i play Korsun Pocket more and more, i see that a good attack with lots of units and combatstranght is almost nothing with artillery. any comments ?????
Post #: 1
RE: artillery - 8/30/2004 3:27:09 AM   
Fred98

Yes and there are some tricks to making the best use of your artillery:

Never use more than you need – because you might need it in another battle in the same turn. Example:

Say you have reached 9 –1 and you would like to reach 10-1. So click on the artillery icon and the computer gives you an artillery unit with 2 shifts and so you have now achieved 11-1. But you can never exceed 10-1 so you have wasted a shift. So find an arty unit with a shift of 1 and add it into the battle then remove the arty with the shift of 2.

Or: Keep the 2 step arty unit and instead remove a shift from the leader or one shift from the off board arty. Again, this brings you back for 11-1 to 10-1.

And arty in defence is very important. Did you know that in defence, you can only ever use 1 arty unit. When the opponent makes an attack, the computer will choose ONE of your in range arty units at random and that will be used in defence. So if you have an arty unit with 2 shifts in defence, its a good idea to have him within range of the most important part of your defensive line. I did some testing and worked out that the computer does not choose at random. If there are 2 arty units in range it will choose the one with the most defensive steps. Position it wisely.

(in reply to Spinoza)
Post #: 2
RE: artillery - 10/15/2004 2:57:33 AM   
bostonrpgmania

Great Joe
Thanks
Any tips for terrain?

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI