Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Screenshots Online & A Few Good Men

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> New Screenshots Online & A Few Good Men Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Screenshots Online & A Few Good Men - 1/18/2002 4:36:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone We have some new and improve graphics Uncommon Valor. You can check them out at http://www.matrixgames.com/games/uncommonvalor/screenshots.asp We are also going to open the game to a few outside playtesters. If you like to be one please let me know why and how you can help us make Uncommon Valor a better game. Please email you answers to me at davidh@matrixgames.com Please make sure to include your real name, email and phone numbers. [ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: David Heath ] [ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: David Heath ]

Post #: 1
- 1/18/2002 8:58:00 PM   
madflava13

The new screen shots look fantastic! Big round of applause for the artists...

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 1/18/2002 9:49:00 PM   
Bulldog61

Fantastic!! now for the 64 Dollar question. When can we get it? Keep up the good work guys!!

You can run but you'll die tired!

Post #: 3
- 1/18/2002 11:38:00 PM   
Charles2222

I'm curious. In the ship v. ship battles, will we see a round being fired? And "really cool" see torpedoes being launched? Same would go for dogfights, if we will see graphics to represent fire? I recall the PW game showing explosions but never fire, I'm wondering if fire is represented graphically as well. Sure would add to it.

Post #: 4
- 1/19/2002 12:03:00 AM   
Marc von Martial

You will see muzzle flashes on ships and planes but no actuall rounds flying over the screen. At last that´s what I know.

Post #: 5
- 1/19/2002 12:47:00 AM   
Charles2222

Marc Schwanebeck [GS_Marcks]: Glad to see you understood exactly what I was talking about. Flashes are very good. It's debateable whether seeing fire with a trail going across the screen would actually be better, because with the size of the units the RL fire would almost be indistinguishable, especially, sadly, torpedoes. The game isn't going to be so detailed as to show gun recoil will it (that would be nice too)?

Post #: 6
- 1/19/2002 3:22:00 AM   
Frost716

Very Nice!, I'm not really a big fan of hex based games, but with some graphical stimulation like that I just might give it a go. I know it's the gameplay that counts blah, blah, blah... but I need at least something to get me more involved in the action.

Post #: 7
- 1/19/2002 7:11:00 AM   
Grouchy

They look Great!
Also lots of details, yum yum!

Post #: 8
- 1/21/2002 4:20:00 AM   
Kent Pfeiffer

A news item at the The Wargamer reported that the game should go gold in a month or so. If that is true, this is going to be a very short beta test period. That begs the question, is this a real beta test or just an attempt to make sure the game will run under a variety of system configurations? [ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Kent Pfeiffer ]

Post #: 9
- 1/21/2002 5:57:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Kent We been beta testing this game since the middle of September.... and in development over a year. what we are doing now is getting new beta testers to make sure we just don't miss anything and get new feelings on the design. The fact is we are calling this a final beta test period. We want gamers that have not been part of our testing process. This we feel will help us make sure the manual and the game works out of the box and make sure the flavor is also there. We are hoping for a late March release but it may go as long as late April or later if need be. We like to think we learn from our mistakes... if you notice all our release dates have been pushed back a whole season to expand the testing time. I know this maybe disappoint for some but in the end the game will be done right. [ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: David Heath ]

Post #: 10
- 1/21/2002 6:11:00 AM   
Kent Pfeiffer

I understand, that's actually reassuring. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later. Thanks David!

Post #: 11
- 1/22/2002 2:20:00 AM   
Jason629

Thanks for the update David! I thoroughly agree with your approach in terms of making sure you get it right. Anyway, can we pre-order copies of UV at the online store?

Post #: 12
- 1/22/2002 5:04:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone There will be no more preorders from Matrix. Once the game is in the warehouse it will go one sale. David

Post #: 13
- 1/22/2002 10:28:00 AM   
mario vallee

Can't wait to buy this game.

Vive L'Empereur !

Post #: 14
- 1/24/2002 5:39:00 AM   
rosary

Wow! This looks great. I can't wait to try this game out.

Post #: 15
- 1/24/2002 8:17:00 AM   
m10bob

Graphics look great!..Hope it's gonna be "beer and pretzels" like "Flat Top" and "Carrier Strike"

Post #: 16
- 1/24/2002 11:34:00 PM   
Joel Billings

Flat Top beer and pretzels? I thought that was a fairly complicated game. Anyway, UV is not beer and pretzels, although I hope that players will find the interface relatively easy to figure out. The sheer scope of the game keeps it from being too simple, but my hope is that the very short scenarios can be played quickly and fairly easily. Of course, the game system is meant to work best in campaigns of at least 3 months in duration so I expect the short scenarios will be played mostly to learn the system. Sorry, but this isn't Axis & Allies (as much as I personally like games like that). Joel

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 17
- 1/25/2002 5:57:00 AM   
tiredoftryingnames

I sent my email the other day for the few good men request.
My question is will we get an email saying thanks but no thanks or if we haven't heard anything for a while do we just assume we weren't picked???

Post #: 18
- 1/25/2002 6:06:00 AM   
Joel Billings

That's for David to say as he is doing the signing up of people, but I would assume if you haven't been contacted by Saturday, you're not on the list. David mentioned he had more than enough people interested. Joel

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 19
- 1/27/2002 2:32:00 AM   
T-Mo

Has anyone been contacted about the testing? I'm sure David has been busy but just curious. T-Mo
quote:

Originally posted by Joel Billings:
That's for David to say as he is doing the signing up of people, but I would assume if you haven't been contacted by Saturday, you're not on the list. David mentioned he had more than enough people interested. Joel

Post #: 20
- 1/27/2002 3:02:00 AM   
David Heath

Stay By your phones.... your never know who might be calling.

Post #: 21
- 1/27/2002 8:21:00 PM   
Lex Morton

Hi all just a point I'd like to ask re the late beta test request,was it indeed only intended for US gamers to be considered or was it anybody?The reason I ask is that I am from Scotland and would have loved to take part in testing but was put off by the request for a telephone number as I felt this implied a US only policy.I am a boardwargamer of 25(!) years experience and own VG's Pacific War,AH's Flattop and Carrier (VG) amongst others.I am a member of the (excellent) consimworld forum and subscribe to many topics including Pacific War (VG) and Naval Wargaming.There are ALOT of folks there that would LOVE to see a computer do the Pacific theatre of operations right!They are also very knowledgeable in their history and would have been a good group to use if you wanted some opinions from some 'grogs'.
I will end by wishing you all the best and if you still would like any testers from outwith the US then my e-mail is lexmorton@blueyonder.co.uk Cheers Lex PS System is currently an AMD K6 2 350 on a Gigabyte super socket seven M-B running at 100 Mhz,256 MB PC 100 RAM,16 MB Voodoo Banshee AGP card, Creative Labs 128 sound card.Running on Windows XP Pro.

Post #: 22
- 1/28/2002 6:54:00 AM   
Joel Billings

I spoke with David about just this topic last night. We concluded that we could use international testers if they have a broadband connection. We are mailing CD's to start with to domestic testers but don't want to bother with overseas mail. We are going to post the beta version but it will be a huge download (about 400 meg) so broadband is essential. If you have this and are interested you should contact David ASAP. We hope to be able to post the version by Monday and mail CD's on Monday or Tuesday. Joel

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 23
- 1/28/2002 7:47:00 AM   
reapagan

Have all the playtesters been chosen and notified or is there still hope for those of us waiting to hear?

Post #: 24
- 1/28/2002 1:11:00 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

The Playtesters will be notified very very soon. They will know who they are when they get the e-mail from us.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

Post #: 25
- 1/28/2002 7:39:00 PM   
Paul Goodman

Lex, my understanding is that the beta tester list excluded Scots because they monopolize the 70 proof whiskey. Paul

Post #: 26
- 1/28/2002 10:05:00 PM   
David Heath

All playtesters have been emailed at this point. If you have not received an email by now you were placed on our backup playtester list.

Post #: 27
- 1/29/2002 3:44:00 AM   
Supervisor

Got a phone call from David on Saturday night. I made the list! Is this a great country or what!

Post #: 28
- 1/29/2002 6:58:00 AM   
mogami

OH boy am I jealous. Any one need an opponent for online or PBEM who is available 24/7

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 29
- 1/30/2002 8:45:00 AM   
Marc

Just took a look at the screenshots. If the game is as a good as the pictures it will be worth waiting for it. But there is still this picture of a japanese carrier in uv02.jpg that did not exist in WW2.
I already mentioned it here and in an earlier post I cannot find again.
http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000038 Could you please take a look at it again? Greetings, Marc

IJN Chokai

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> New Screenshots Online & A Few Good Men Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI