Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Curious Newbie - Invade America

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Curious Newbie - Invade America Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/15/2004 4:08:54 PM   
bwheatley

I've been playing WiTP for a bit just on small scens but have been reading the AAR's and am curious.

Why doesn't the Japanese player make a Bline for America?
I know they need the resources of the SW Pac but there are some major Victory points for the Japanese if they can pull it off. Is there reinforcements that spawn in the US bases if a us mainland city is under attack?

Pearl Harbor was taking a big risk to smack america in the mouth why not take an even bigger risk and drop as many divisions as possible on the United States?
Post #: 1
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/15/2004 4:15:08 PM   
freeboy

Major west coast activation rule...
and they are only ahead in ships and planes in the beginning of the war, and it goes steadily downhill.. so if you invade, the us gets a huge home army boast, do not know the exact criteria, and you would be hard pressed to take one base, some one tried to take sf once and was pounded, remember lba is a killer vs ak/ap ships

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 2
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/15/2004 4:32:17 PM   
Feinder

Was trying to find the AAR for you, but can't remember the title. Somebody actually did invade San Fran in PBEM, just for sh1ts and giggles. If you invade West Coast, all US LCUs are bumbed up like 180 days, plus there are "free" militia divisions (I think the total amounts about about 25 Divs, that certainly don't suck). So basically, every LCU up thru July insta-spawns. Needless to say, they made short work of the (I think) 5 Divisions that Japan was able to land. That's not even counting the gobs of LBA along the West Coast, that pounds you the whole time. They're not that experienced, but what they lack in quality, they make up in quantity.

If you want an evening's entertainment, land on the West Coast. If you want the war to be over (for Japan) in about week, land on the West Coast.

The only wrinkle is that that it might not have been the best approach to actually land at Sand Fran (because nobody realized the units would insta-spawn). You could try landing farther north, but even if you did that, you'll still get 25 very p1ssed off US Divs spawing in SanFran, and all they have to do is march up Pacific coast to clobber you (which they will). It does no good to capture a city worth 1500 vps, if you can't hold onto it.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/15/2004 4:34:24 PM   
bwheatley

I'll paypal $50 bucks (my paypal is bill@williamwheatley.com) to the first person who plays against a human opponent and take and hold a major west coast city for at least 30 consecutive days.

Please post an indepth AAR to the boards for us all to read. I greatly enjoy reading good AAR and indepth strat and planning. And it will be money well spent for me. :>

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/19/2004 6:16:27 AM   
freeboy

well, since you are paying we could easily fudge one for you, but really, it CANNOT be done without major revisionsit history.. ie the editor!

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 5
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/19/2004 7:03:55 AM   
madflava13

bwheatley -
Search the AAR forums. Mogami and I think Nikademus did try a game where the IJN invaded the West Coast... You'll save yourself $50 if you just look that one up and see what happened... Not that you could hold a US city for 30 days anyways...

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/19/2004 7:04:21 AM   
madflava13

Shameless Post-
I just hit 1000!

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to madflava13)
Post #: 7
RE: Curious Newbie - Invade America - 12/19/2004 8:08:16 AM   
kellyc

IIRC the thread is called or nicknamed the Banana AAR,

Basically Nikademus (sp?) uhmmm 'borrowed' Luskan's Bananananana who in turn launched a coup in Japan and promptly set off for American shores with most if not all of the Imperial Navy. End result was very ugly for the Japanese (and by default for the Bananananana). It is a must read though.

Sincerely
Kelly

(in reply to madflava13)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Curious Newbie - Invade America Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI