Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LCU Selection Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> LCU Selection Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LCU Selection Issue - 12/17/2004 11:01:42 PM   
pompack

Generic description: when a unit is selected from the Ground Unit list for a base, the correct info is displayed but any actions are applied to the previously selected (or default selection) LCU for that base. This seems to apply to every base but only to LCUs.

SCEN 15, 1.4 start, Historical first turn
(issue also occurs in 1.3/1.4 games as well)

When you call up the Ground Units list by clicking the "Flag" on the left edge and THEN select a unit from the list, the display shows the unit selected but any ACTIONS are applied to the currently HIGHLIGHTED unit.

Example:
1) Go the Chungking and click on the city.

2) The normal display appears with the LCU icons on the bottom row with the left hand unit (China Command) highlighted

3) Click on the FLAG and the Ground Units list appears

4) Select 42nd Chinese Corp and the 42nd Chinese Corp info screen is displayed

5) Click "Set Destination Hex" and click any destination you like

6) No destination appears for the displayed 42nd Chinese Corp

BUT if you select China Command LCU you will find it now has the destination you chose.

Note that this problem exists for all LCUs as near as I can determine. .

E-mail with save sent per Frag instructions
Post #: 1
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/17/2004 11:36:36 PM   
Mr.Frag

Yep, pretty simple problem ... you are setting a unit that is not actually the selected unit. The problem is the method of selection is not updating the selected.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 2
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/18/2004 3:59:16 AM   
witpqs

Mr. Frag,

FYI, I sent a save with instructions on this to Kid prior to 1.4 release. It also happens when you open the base then click the flag on the base display, etc.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/18/2004 4:15:46 AM   
Mr.Frag

Ok, pet project for you guys.

Go through the interface and find every combination where you can select something and not have it selected so we can get them all fixed at once.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/18/2004 4:25:34 AM   
witpqs

Pompack's note was the first I knew of another method (than the one I had submitted). I'll check into some combos and post back over the weekend.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 5
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/18/2004 5:56:35 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Ok, pet project for you guys.

Go through the interface and find every combination where you can select something and not have it selected so we can get them all fixed at once.

Good news, all results negative

Selected a base:
1) click "list ships at anchor"; verified that "allow upgrades" and "no upgrades" selected properly for all filters
2A) click "see all air groups" ; verified that "replacements" , "upgrade" and "standdown" buttons selected properly for all filters
2B) click "see all air groups" and select unit; verified that selecting a Mission worked properly
2C) click "see all air groups" and select unit; verified that "set all XXX at this base" worked properly (restriction, did not have a CTF in the hex to verify "set all XXX in this hex")
3) click "see all ground units" and select unit;
3A) verified that "set objective" and "set all" worked properly for all LCU
3B) verified that "order attack" and "set all to attack" worked properly for all LCU
3C) verified that accept replacements worked properly for all LCU
4) Click "see all ground units"; verified that "accept replacements" worked properly for all filters

I do think it is odd that clicking the flag ("see all grond units"), selecting a unit, and setting a destination does NOT work but clicking the flag, selecting a unit, and "set objective" works as does "order attack"

P.S. Technically I did not "verify" the above, I "demonstrated" it since I did not do it for all bases, but WTH.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 6
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/20/2004 2:09:59 AM   
witpqs

I focused on the 'Move To' function for LCU's. I figure there are 4 ways to get to (select) the individual ground unit:

1) open the base / select the flag / select the unit
2) click on the flag in the lower left corner / select the unit
3) select the unit from the unit bar at the bottom
4) click on the ground unit icon on the map / select the unit

After the desired unit is selected (display is open), click on 'Move to' and select a legal hex as a target.

Results:

Methods 3 and 4 always worked.

'Worked' means the selected unit then displayed the movement destination.

Methods 1 and 2 worked in the following circumstance: The first ground unit on the left of the unit selection area at the bottom of the screen is a fixed-in-place CD unit.

Methods 1 and 2 failed in the following circumstsnces: The first ground unit on the left of the unit selection area at the bottom of the screen is not a fixed-in-place CD unit.

Failed means that the selected unit did not then show the movement destination. Instead, the first unit on the left of the unit selection area at the bottom of the screen showed the movement destination.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/20/2004 2:44:04 AM   
Mr.Frag

Pretty simple here guys ... if you do not see the unit highlighted with the standard box, you are not talking to that unit.

One extra click and you're fixed. It will be fixed the next pass.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/20/2004 3:37:51 AM   
witpqs

Good work around. I assume the bug itself is on a list for eventual extermination?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 9
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/20/2004 3:38:26 AM   
Mr.Frag

yeppers

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10
RE: LCU Selection Issue - 12/20/2004 3:45:08 AM   
witpqs

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> LCU Selection Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI