Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Power

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Air Power Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Power - 3/29/2005 3:54:06 AM   
bhag

How does one turn down the effect of airpower?
Post #: 1
RE: Air Power - 3/29/2005 4:34:30 AM   
Dragoon 45

You can go to the preferences menu and select no air sorties available to get rid of it. I don't think there is any way to lessen its effect, except for the limitations built into the game via weather and smoke on the battlefield.

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to bhag)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Power - 3/29/2005 4:57:45 PM   
Poopyhead

Some of the scenarios would be pretty lame without airpower. You could always just shoot them down. If you buy light flak (.50 cal to 37 mm) you can use it to shoot up infantry and light armor when you're not swatting flyboys. Three or four per company should do nicely. Position them behind your company and keep them within three hexes of the battery leader (it helps with accuracy). Once the AI hit me with ten planes in a row. I got three, damaged four so that they didn't return and got two more when the rest came back for a second sortie. Try it, you might like it!

BTW, welcome to SPWAW!!

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 3/29/2005 6:38:23 PM >

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Power - 3/29/2005 5:34:21 PM   
Goblin

I believe you can turn off air power (set number to 0) and scenarios and campaigns made by designers will still have them. I leave air power turned off, because it sucks, and they are still there in campaigns and scenarios, because the designer placed them.

For a generated campaign versus the AI, it will be off if you turn it off.

Goblin

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Power - 3/29/2005 7:45:23 PM   
waynec

way back i played a german campaign against the ai from sep39 thru feb45. this was probably the original game with some changes from a now defunk scenario company. towards the end i was buying lots of light flak to protect my forces. anyway, i started setting flak traps for the amis. i would put 2 guns on the right hill and 2 guns on the left hill of a "valley" and then throw a target in the open in the valley. the ai would go after the target and run into flak from every direction. worked until feb45 when i lost most of my tank company to multiple A-26 attacks.

Attachment (1)

If the little things annoy you, maybe that's because the big things are going well.

(in reply to bhag)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Power - 3/29/2005 8:45:51 PM   
Poopyhead

Yes, shooting down airplanes can get quite easy, if you teach yourself how to do it. Since Flak are dual purpose, it really doesn't cost anything to be prepared.

Ich bin ein Ami, wie meine Mami.

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to waynec)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Power - 4/2/2005 3:12:21 PM   
bhag

I have never tried to actively destroy air power. I always had light AA but never seemed effective. I will practice a few times with the "trap" so that I fully understand the placement aspect. thanks

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Air Power Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI