Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War One....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War One.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War One.... - 1/11/2001 11:29:00 PM   
GeneralGordenBennet

World war 1, the Great War! This is an area that has really never been tapped, I know that many ppl here would just say,'but that war never went anywhere!!' well, in someplaces your right, the West front did flounder, however in the middle east, a fluid battle raged, Arab rebels under the leadership of Laurence, terrorised the Turkish hordes, and on the Eastern front, forces went backwards and forwards.... even on the west front it need not have went the way it did.....Two suggestions i can think of are these..... A strategic game, Europe, with economys present, you would take the country you desired, AI or other ppl commanding enemys and allies alike, you make the decisions, where to make a sideshow struggle, your countrys aims, when you wish to cooperate with an ally to launch an offensive, or spring a trap, finding alternate resources elsewhere, and (possibly) having to appease your public with ideas.. Another idea would be a tactical game, fighting through the blood and guts, leading your men by example, and trying to work a new angle in defeating them... Greg

Post #: 1
- 1/12/2001 5:57:00 AM   
Grumble

Check the archives and you'll find a discussion of this very topic about 7 months ago. Opinions varied, but IIRC the consensus was a strategic-level game with political/ecnomic chrome might work. Matrix was not, however, such a project was economically viable for them.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to GeneralGordenBennet)
Post #: 2
- 1/12/2001 11:13:00 AM   
Ed Cogburn

quote:

Originally posted by Grumble: Check the archives and you'll find a discussion of this very topic about 7 months ago.
Yes, I remember it. If you judge by what Matrix is involved with now, it looks like they have a preference for "modern" games, WWII to present. The exception was the "Wars of Napolean", which Talonsoft nixed. In that case it may have been the designer who came to them with the idea, not the other way around. Sadly, I have the feeling we aren't going to see too many pre-WWII games from Matrix... unless there just starting with games they know will be good sellers.

(in reply to GeneralGordenBennet)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War One.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote