Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't raid system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> can't raid system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't raid system - 2/23/2002 1:46:00 PM   
BP

i destroyed the freighter in my enemy's system and he hasn't built a new one yet (but has one in queue because it still shows as belonging to him though there is no line yet) but i can't order any of my ships to go patrol the system and wait for the new freighter? i think there should be an override to allow you to "goto any system" of your choosing...

Post #: 1
- 2/23/2002 4:57:00 PM   
madmax88

Me thinks you can patrol any system you like, whenever you like.
But you can't raid one unless there's a tangible freighter going to and from the system. To save time, send your ship on a patrol to the system (with freighter under construction), once the freighter is built, change your mission to RAID.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 2
- 2/24/2002 2:04:00 AM   
BP

Thanks Max, I'll try that. Hey, also, do you know if it's possible to have stealthed freighters? I was trying to raid a new enemy's systems and after raiding for a while waiting for a freighter I would just get the choose new mission message without ever seeing a freighter...

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 3
- 2/24/2002 3:48:00 AM   
madmax88

No stealth, i think your freighters don't even get the new drives your research. Imagine a jump drive on a freighter. As for your problem, this happens when you're NOT at war with somebody. You can raid a system for it's ressources but can't attack it's freighters.
In this case, your ship raids the system a few turns and then asks you to pick a new mission.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 4
- 2/24/2002 4:06:00 AM   
BP

Once again, thanks Max! I THOUGHT I was at war but perhaps I'm down to plain rivalry now (this is the same enemy who has/had some derelict ships I couldn't fire on.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> can't raid system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI