Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allocation of Replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Allocation of Replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allocation of Replacements - 7/29/2009 8:27:48 PM   
Oldguard1970

As the Allied player in stock 1.806, I am trying to manage the allocation of replacements, particularly rifle squads. I seem to remember reading that replacements are allocated among eligible LCUs according to their database ID number.

The BF units for all nationalities except American have higher ID numbers. So, if I am correct, a British BF set to receive replacements and eligible to receive replacements will wait wait until all eligible British LCUs draw a rifle squad that turn before it can draw one.

The American BF units have lower ID numbers, so an American BF unit set to receive replacements could draw a rifle squad before any eligible American LCU has a chance to draw one.

Am I correct?

"Rangers Lead the Way!"
Post #: 1
RE: Allocation of Replacements - 7/29/2009 9:20:51 PM   
USSAmerica

The database ID number determines the order in which the LCU's "attempt" to draw a replacement device or squad from the pool.  There is a roll involved, along with meeting supply/support/disablement/etc requirements.  Of course, this assumes the unit has Accept Replacements turned on. 

Many times, units higher in the DB ID order will not draw a replacement, and then a lower numbered unit does draw one. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Oldguard1970)
Post #: 2
RE: Allocation of Replacements - 7/30/2009 3:33:50 PM   
Oldguard1970

Hello Mike,

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

I have exhausted the pools of British and American rifle squads.  Because British BFs have higher ID numbers than British infantry units, I can allow the BFs to "accept replacements" and have a reasonable hope that the one or two new rifle squads will be drawn by the infantry units.   That is not the case with the Americans.  If I set several American BFs to "accept replacements", they will get first crack at drawing the scarce infantry replacements.

"Rangers Lead the Way!"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Allocation of Replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI