Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fog of war or not ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Fog of war or not ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fog of war or not ? - 5/28/2005 8:19:21 PM   
nukkxx5058

Hi,

do you guys play with FOW on or not ?
I'm definitely not an expert of military operations but I wonder whether FOW is realistic on modern combat battlefield. Because of satelites, awacs and other possible modern detection instruments (not modeled in the game).

I understand the fun of the game is to find good locations for our assets. But is it realistic ?

Thanks for your answers.
Post #: 1
RE: Fog of war or not ? - 5/28/2005 11:32:42 PM   
CapnDarwin

nukkxx,

I look at in the sense that you know there is an enemy force close by in an operational sense from the briefings. In a tactical sense you don't know exactly where they are. Recon is a very important role for ground forces. Today there are a number of systems to aid that. In 1989 there were a few. If you go back to Desert Storm in 91, Grumman rushed a few nearly completed JSTARs to the region to due ground recon. Even with all of the US recon capability, enemy positions were not all know or fixed. Best tank battle was 73 Easting and the US forces went up a slight hill and ran smack into the Guard Tank unit. I'm sure they knew someone was "in the area", but not known down to the foot where. With all that being said (and probably overkill) I play with it on and also use combat spotting, and no emergency resupply.

Just remember to use any recon units you have to find the main thrust of the enemy attack (or defense) and manuever accordingly.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Fog of war or not ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI