Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese Ground Movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Chinese Ground Movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese Ground Movement - 5/25/2005 3:40:13 AM   
jcax101

Can Chinese units cross through Russian territory, if they wanted to be crazy enough to attack the Kwantung Army?
Post #: 1
RE: Chinese Ground Movement - 5/25/2005 3:46:17 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcax101

Can Chinese units cross through Russian territory, if they wanted to be crazy enough to attack the Kwantung Army?

Yes, and there is nothing "crazy" about taking the war to the "hinterland". If your opponent's Manchurian troops are chasing down your troops in Manchuria, those troops aren't attacking your cities in China.

BTW - in earlier versions of the game, if a Chinese LCU captured a Manchurian base the base switched from Chinese control to Soviet control. I don't know if that has been fixed in v1.50.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to jcax101)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese Ground Movement - 5/25/2005 5:23:20 PM   
Bradley7735

quote:

BTW - in earlier versions of the game, if a Chinese LCU captured a Manchurian base the base switched from Chinese control to Soviet control. I don't know if that has been fixed in v1.50.

When you capture a base, it's hardcoded as to what HQ it will become. All bases in Manchuria will be as Far East command. all bases in China will be as China command. The places where it gets funny is when Central, South and Southwest Pacific all converge in the Truk/Marianas/New Guniea areas. It's hard to tell if you should be assaulting with South Pacific or Central Pacific units. Doesn't matter, though. Changing these bases is very cheap in PP.

I highly doubt they will change how this works.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese Ground Movement - 5/26/2005 5:49:55 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

quote:

When you capture a base, it's hardcoded as to what HQ it will become. All bases in Manchuria will be as Far East command. all bases in China will be as China command. The places where it gets funny is when Central, South and Southwest Pacific all converge in the Truk/Marianas/New Guniea areas. It's hard to tell if you should be assaulting with South Pacific or Central Pacific units. Doesn't matter, though. Changing these bases is very cheap in PP.

Okay, I assumed that this was a bug - you are saying that it is a deliberate design decision.

But if the Soviets aren't in play, you can't change the base. This means if the Japanese player doesn't want to activate the Soviets he can't attack the newly converted base.

IMO it shouldn't have been hardcoded to the Soviets but left to whatever HQ controlled the attacking unit. But you are probably right - it is unlikely to be changed.

Thanks -

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 4
RE: Chinese Ground Movement - 5/27/2005 12:00:29 PM   
Arkady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

quote:

at least one China base changed to FarEast command when captured by chinese units - Tabun Nur, it's happend in one of my PBEM game and Soviets was not activated yet

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 5
RE: Chinese Ground Movement - 5/27/2005 3:55:15 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

Okay, I assumed that this was a bug - you are saying that it is a deliberate design decision.

But if the Soviets aren't in play, you can't change the base. This means if the Japanese player doesn't want to activate the Soviets he can't attack the newly converted base.

Actually, from the testing I have done, I don't think that this is the case. Whether the Soviets are activated are not seems, as far as I can tell, to be related to which hexes the Japanese move into, not who owns the base that they attack. My guess is that if the Japanese attack a base in Manchuria that is Soviet controlled, then the Soviets will not be activated.

Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Chinese Ground Movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI