Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

wishlist for 1.04

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> wishlist for 1.04 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wishlist for 1.04 - 6/10/2005 9:27:27 PM   
nukkxx5058

Now 1.03 has been released, it's time to think about the next versio :-) poor Rob !

So far, I have just one suggestion: To be able to cycle through map information (cover, elevation, etc.) during turn resolution phase.

Voila ! :-)
Post #: 1
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/10/2005 10:51:21 PM   
CapnDarwin

We can check with Rob, but I'm going to guess this to be a tough on to have during resolution with all of the movement and activity going on. You can already cycle during orders with the I key. You never know though, Rob can code like a madman.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/11/2005 11:07:05 AM   
nukkxx5058

ok :-)

One more suggestion:
why do you not give the option to see "spotting lines". (like for "fire lines"). I mean, to give an option to draw a line between 2 units when one unit spots an other. An arrow would indicate who spots who. No arrow would mean that each unit did spot the other one. The screen would then display a "network of spotting lines" allowing to improve the comprehension of battle.

I know there is an option in the Information cycle allowing to know how many units are spotted and also the small dot indicateing the unit is curently spotted. But it is not straight forward to analyse. Its necessary to think a bit and I suppose some cases are ambiguous.

And eventually, spotting is the spirit of the game, so it's important to have the best information about it.

That's just an idea and comments are welcome. :-). I also understand it's probably not easy to implement ...

< Message edited by nukkxx -- 6/11/2005 11:11:11 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/11/2005 8:41:23 PM   
IronManBeta

Not a bad idea at all! I'll need to think about it a little but it might be doable somehow. Please don't hold your breath though because there are a lot of other items on the wish list too already! Feel free to suggest more though.

Cheers, Rob.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 4
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/14/2005 3:27:26 AM   
Poliorcetes

How about letting you know when your off map forces will be arriving? I just had 1 game where 30 WP tanks didn't show up until the last 8 turns (of a 25 turn game). This can make a big difference on your planning, as the scenario says you have all these troops, and then they don't arrive until 2/3rds of the scenario is over.
Makes it hard to set up a timed sustained assault.

Poliorcetes

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 5
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/14/2005 4:18:14 AM   
CapnDarwin

Which scenario was that? We are working on tweaking scenarios. I could check the briefing to see what it says and clean them up a bit for reinforcement info.

(in reply to Poliorcetes)
Post #: 6
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/14/2005 1:50:23 PM   
SuomiKp

Did they add the " foot " infantry in 1.03 patch ?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 7
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/14/2005 2:05:08 PM   
CapnDarwin

No "foot" units in this update. Rob or Erik will have to jump in and give you an idea of when they will appear directly in the game. A number of tweaks in 103 have made mech infantry units into combatants instead of speed bumps.

(in reply to SuomiKp)
Post #: 8
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/14/2005 2:30:07 PM   
SuomiKp

I dont own this game yet , but foot infantry might make this game even more interesting because it's harder to spot than mechanized.
It's just me thinking so maybe it aint so

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/15/2005 12:07:36 AM   
Poliorcetes

Its one of the British scenario's, where the WP get nukes. But I've had similar things happen in other scenarios. It was one of the origional complaints about offboard units because you couldn't tweak their SOP and they would be reporting in every turn that they still "were coming."

I find the scenario briefings usually to be worthless. They typically consist of "go there with these troops." The description of the oposition is usually wrong (if any is given), and you never know when your troops are actually going to arrive (ie. some scenarios start you off with only a few recon troops, the main force then arrives later).

Poliorcetes

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 10
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/15/2005 6:58:27 AM   
Catgh_MatrixForum

Poliorcetes,

Being on the Scenario Team, I tend to agree the briefings are generally "worthless" when it comes to informing when units are expected to arrive; and I will take responbility for that and see about fixing the briefing up to give a better indication when to expect follow on forces.

I will give a hint though at least one of the briefings "operational maps" has false data; on purpose. I won't say which one, but it was my crazy idea to not provide good intel for the player to spring a surprise on them. The Scenario Team thought it was a good idea.

Post #: 11
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/15/2005 9:43:26 AM   
Poliorcetes

Oh, I just assumed it was a deliberate recreation of the general innaccuracy of battlefield intelligence.
Seems like every history book I read on warfare has at lease one passage of "they were told it would be an easy operation, but sadly their intelligence failed to spot the . . . (mongol hordes, VC division, Sadam Fedayin, etc)"

I don't mind the lack of enemy intelligence, I just want to have a general idea of when my forces are arriving so I can have a consistent coherent plan. "oh, look, now I suddenly have 30 more tanks on THIS part of the battlefield but I thought the first 30 tanks were my main forces and now they are way over HERE"

Poliorcetes

(in reply to Catgh_MatrixForum)
Post #: 12
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/15/2005 2:25:06 PM   
CapnDarwin

Rob has something cooking that might take care of this issue. Stay tuned...

Post #: 13
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/19/2005 11:36:49 AM   
nukkxx5058

for 1.04:
Two more suggestions:

1) possibility to scroll "back" the information cycle ("i" button) by doing for example "shift-i"
2) information through the information cycle whether unit is NBC protected or not

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 14
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/19/2005 3:40:09 PM   
CapnDarwin

nukkxx,

I'll forward both of these to Rob. (1.) seems pretty easy to do. (2.) may be more complex an item to achieve and my concern is where do you draw the line on information. Some folks might want to know who has thermal sights or stabilized guns or air defense capable. The information in the I key is really more combat state related then unit info related. If you double click a counter you can go t the hardware inspector to see what abilities your units have. Kinda a tough one really but a nice idea.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 15
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/19/2005 5:35:33 PM   
IronManBeta

For #1 do you mean to reverse the order that the information is presented in? It progresses through a list of items sequentially to show. Are you asking to go back the other way through the list? Just want to be clear.

I will like to add "NBC Rated" to the unit SitRep but NBC ratings are done platform by platform and units can potentially be a mix of rated and unrated platforms. You really just have to use the hardware inspector to find out which platform is which in this game. Maybe what I can do at the unit level is something like "All NBC protected", "Mixed NBC protection" and "Not NBC protected".

Thanks for the suggestions, cheers, Rob.

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

for 1.04:
Two more suggestions:

1) possibility to scroll "back" the information cycle ("i" button) by doing for example "shift-i"
2) information through the information cycle whether unit is NBC protected or not

< Message edited by RobertCrandall -- 6/19/2005 5:38:27 PM >

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 16
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/19/2005 8:38:54 PM   
nukkxx5058

Rob,
In 1), I just mean to be able to roll back information .
for example, when I have "unit morale" selected, if I press "I key" I have "unit training" information. I would like to be able then to press shift-i (or something) to roll back to "unit moral" in one hit and also, to continue to cycle information in reverse order. I hope I'm clear enough :-)

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 17
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/20/2005 1:38:12 AM   
wodin

Dismounted Infantry. Then I shall buy

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 18
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/20/2005 3:31:05 AM   
IronManBeta

Ah, dismounted infantry. The game was not architected for it but what the heck. I have pretty much figured out everything I need to do and just need some clear time to do it. I know it seems like a while now since version 1.00 came out but for me it has been a blur with all the other new features that have gone in.

Near term I am going to meet up with the rest of the Matrix crew at Origins at month end. I have 12 pages of notes to discuss with them and we will sort out priorities. Dismounted inf is a top five candidate and shouldn't be much longer now. More when I know it.

Cheers, Rob

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 19
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/20/2005 4:31:40 AM   
IronManBeta

A 'shift-I' feature just went in - hopefully in time for version 1.04 still!

Thanks for the idea, cheers, Rob.

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Rob,
In 1), I just mean to be able to roll back information .
for example, when I have "unit morale" selected, if I press "I key" I have "unit training" information. I would like to be able then to press shift-i (or something) to roll back to "unit moral" in one hit and also, to continue to cycle information in reverse order. I hope I'm clear enough :-)

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 20
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/20/2005 10:17:04 PM   
Viper6

The cycle-back optionn sounds like a good idea, way better than having to page through all the options again to get back to where you were.

Dismount infantry would be really cool, though I don't know how good they would be as combat units. Recon units would rock though, something you could stick somewhere to watch without being seen. Any chance we could get air-mobile infantry or would that just be to much to change?

VIPER

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 21
RE: wishlist for 1.04 - 6/24/2005 2:46:37 AM   
asdf12

How about including Return for Proceed and ESC for cancel. Cuts down on mouse clicking.

(in reply to Viper6)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> wishlist for 1.04 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI